Eddie Redmayne quotes
“Jonathan Hellyer Jones-Stephen, Jane was telling me that you have a beautiful, theorem. That proves that the universe, had a beginning. Is that it?
Stephen Hawking-That was my PhD thesis. My new project disproves it.
Jonathan Hellyer Jones-Disproves it?
Jonathan Hellyer Jones-So then you no longer believe in the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It is clear that we are just an advanced breed of primates on a minor planet orbiting around a very average star, in the outer suburb of one among a hundred billion galaxies. BUT, ever since the dawn of civilization people have craved for an understanding of the underlying order of the world. There ought to be something very special about the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Jane Hawking-So, I take it you've never been to church?
Stephen Hawking-Once upon a time.
Jane Hawking-Tempted to convert?
Stephen Hawking-I have a slight problem with the celestial dictatorship premise.”
“We want to underscore again, that we’re coming to Chicago peacefully, but whether we’re given permits or not, we’re coming.”
“- Jacob Kowalski: Are you going somewhere?
- Newt Scamander: No. We're going somewhere.
- Jacob Kowalski: Genius!”
“- Hans Axgil: How are you Lili?
- Einar Wegener: Entirely myself.”
“- Tina: Mr. Scamander, do you know anything about the wizarding community in America?
- Newt: I do know a few things, actually. I know you have rather backwards laws about relations with Non-Magic people. That you're not meant to befriend them. That you can't marry them, which seems mildly absurd to me.”
“- Jacob Kowalski: Can someone please tell me what this Obscurial... Obscurius thing is? Please?
- Tina: There hasn't been one for centuries.
- Newt: I met one in Sudan three months ago. There used to be more of them, but they still exist. Before wizards went underground when we were still being hunted by Muggles, young wizards and witches...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gerda Wegener: You’re my whole life. It could kill you.
- Einar Wegener: It’s my only hope.”
“- Newt: People like you, don't they, Mr. Kowalski?
- Jacob Kowalski: Oh. Well, I'm, uh, I'm sure people like you, too, huh?
- Newt: Not really, no. I annoy people.”
“- Newt: I'm writing a book about magical creatures.
- Tina: Like an extermination guide?
- Newt: No. A guide to help people understand why we should be protecting these creatures instead of killing them.”
“- Newt: I need to get going. Find everyone who's escaped, before they get hurt.
- Jacob Kowalski: Before they get hurt?
- Newt: Yes, Mr. Kowalski. For they're currently in alien terrain surrounded by millions of the most vicious creatures on the planet... Humans.”
“- Mary Lou: Are you a seeker? A seeker after truth?
- Newt: I'm more of a chaser, really.”
“- Newt: Now there's absolutely nothing for you to worry about.
- Jacob Kowalski: Tell me, has anyone ever believed you when you told them not to worry?”
“- Jacob Kowalski: Newt. I don't think I'm dreaming.
- Newt: What gave it away?
- Jacob Kowalski: I ain't got the brains to make this up.”