Julia Ormond quotes
“Once upon a time, on the north shore of Long Island, not far from New York, there was a very very large mansion, almost a castle, where there lived a family by the name of Larrabee. There were servants inside the mansion, and servants outside the mansion; boatmen to tend the boats, and six crews of gardeners: two for the solarium, the rest for...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Susannah: Were you going to say goodbye? Tristan? How long will you be gone?
- Tristan: Not long. A few months.
- Susannah: I can make it better for you.
- Tristan: No.
- Susannah: If we'd had a child or if I were pregnant, would you still be going?
- Tristan: Yes.
- Susannah: Just give me a chance.
- Tristan: Don't do that.
- Susannah: Look...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Susannah: Will he come back?
- Colonel Ludlow: I don't know.
- Colonel Ludlow: [One Stab speaks Cree] Stab says yes.”
“Love has many faces. I may look on you differently, but not with less love.”
“I want to marry you. Not your crown, not your army. Just you.”
“The British are the worst... appalling. I've been really shocked by the behavior of the British press. Richard Gere went out to dinner with Uma Thurman. They're old friends. Uma left the restaurant and she gets shoved up against a railing by journalists trying to get her photograph. She gets a cut above her eye that needed stitches. And his...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Susannah: Forever turned out to be too long tristan.
- Tristan: I know.
- Susannah: [takes off bracelet] Here... I don't want it.
- Tristan: They told me that this was magic. That whoever wore it would be protected... keep it.
- Susannah: Tristan? Don't you want to see Alfred?
- Tristan: It's probably better that I don't. Just tell him...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sabrina Fairchild: Don't you ever look out the window?
- Linus Larrabee: When do I have time?
- Sabrina Fairchild: What happened to all that time we saved taking the helicopter?
- Linus Larrabee: [lightheartedly] I'm storing it up.
- Sabrina Fairchild: [seriously] No, you're not.”
“They say you're the world's only living heart donor. ”
“- Fairchild: You've been there for two weeks. I doubt every single person in Paris thinks you're an idiot.
- Sabrina Fairchild: Only because I haven't met them all.”
“So this is Tristan, and does he speak English?”
“If you do anything for too long, it starts to lack edge, to become too easy.”
“If you don't take it too much to heart, it does help when the negative stuff hits. And you know the negative stuff is coming. It's got to! What comes up must come down.”
“Easy is the kiss of death.”
“- Alfred: I don't know what to say. Tristan's always been wild. You love him for that.
- Susannah: Do I? Yeah, I suppose I do.
- Alfred: Susannah, he does love you.
- Colonel Ludlow: Alfred! She's to be your brother's wife.
- Alfred: Yes, though you might better remind him of that.
- Colonel Ludlow: He's not here to defend himself.
- Alfred: No,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Susannah: You know, I still sometimes dream, that I am the mother of your children. I wanted her to die. Or maybe I even wanted Samuel to die.
- Alfred: You had nothing to do with Samuel's death and you had nothing to do with isabel's death.
- Susannah: Didn't I?”
“It never rained on the night of a Larrabee party, the Larrabee's wouldn't have stood for it. ”
“More isn't always better Linus, sometimes it's just more.”