Plot – Karen Silkwood works in a factory which produces atomic material. A colleague gets contaminated and Karen is transferred, so she denounces the irregularities going on in the factory. At work she gets contaminated too. Things complicate when the woman tries to grant an interview to the New York Times.
All actors – Meryl Streep, Kurt Russell, Cher, Craig T. Nelson, Diana Scarwid, Fred Ward, Ron Silver, Charles Hallahan, Josef Sommer, Sudie Bond, Henderson Forsythe, E. Katherine Kerrshow all
“Silkwood” Quotes 10 quotes
“- Drew Stephens: Sweetheart, it's like you're two people. I'm in love with one of them. But the other one is just...
- Karen Silkwood: A real pain in the ass.”
I remember in high school her saying, "Now, what'd you want to take that science class for? There's no girls in that science class. You take home ec, why don't you? That's the way to meet the nice boys". "Mom - I said, - there ain't no boys in home ec. The boys are in the science class". She hated when I said "Ain't".
“- Mace Hurley: We're getting a room for Dolly. We can help you, we want to help you! We can help you with a place to stay, we can help you with money!
- Karen Silkwood: But first I have to sign something, right? Sayin' I did all this?
- Mace Hurley: Just in your own words what happened.
- Karen Silkwood: Okay... uh, in my own words. I'm...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Hurley works there, you think he'd work there if he was gonna get the cancer?”
“- Karen Silkwood: I had 'em in the car... I could've just driven away with 'em and headed straight for Oklahoma.
- Drew Stephens: What would you have done with them?
- Karen Silkwood: I don't know.”
“Who's gonna rape you that you ain't already fucked?”
“- Karen Silkwood: You think I contaminated myself, you think I did that?
- Mace Hurley: I think you'd do just about anything to shut down this plant.”
“They all look as though they died before they were dead.”