Kevin Spacey quotes
“I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.”
“I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die. First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time... For me, it was lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars... And yellow leaves, from the maple trees, that lined our street... Or my...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mills: Wait, I thought all you did was kill innocent people.
- John Doe: Innocent? Is that supposed to be funny? An obese man... a disgusting man who could barely stand up; a man who if you saw him on the street, you'd point him out to your friends so that they could join you in mocking him; a man, who if you saw him while you were eating, you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lester Burnham: Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go fuck himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.
- Carolyn Burnham: Your father seems to think this kind of behavior is something to be proud of.
- Lester Burnham: And your mother seems to prefer that I go through life like...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hopper: Let this be a lesson to all you ants! Ideas are very dangerous things! You are mindless, soil-shoving losers, put on this Earth to serve us!
- Flik: You're wrong, Hopper. Ants are not meant to serve grasshoppers. I've seen these ants do great things, and year after year they somehow manage to pick food for themselves and you. So-so who...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Arlene McKinney: So, is that all you want? Your goddamn manageable day?
- Eugene Simonet: It's what I have.
- Arlene McKinney: No, it isn't.
- Eugene Simonet: It is what I've always had.
- Arlene McKinney: Is it what you want?”
“- Lloyd: Mother.
- Rose: What?
- Lloyd: Is it possible for you to shut the fuck up for five minutes?”
“You know what's worse than a loser? Someone who won't admit he played it wrong.”
“The only way that we can measure the significance of our own lives is by valuing the lives of others.”
“That's the day I realized that there was this entire life behind things, and this incredibly benevolent force that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever.”
“Time is precious. Powerful people don’t have the luxury of foreplay.”
“The heart can choke the mind when all its blood flows back to itself.”
“The higher up the mountain the more treacherous the path.”
“It only takes ten seconds to crush a man’s ambitions.”
“The gift of a good liar is making people think you lack a talent for lying.”
“Not everyone can be on the right side of history.”
“Presidents who obsess over history obsess about their place in it, instead of forging it.”