“The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing - and then they marry him.”
“A girl can wait for the right man to come along but in the meantime that still doesn't mean she can't have a wonderful time with all the wrong ones.”
“- Rose Castorini: Do you love him, Loretta?
- Loretta Castorini: Aw, ma, I love him awful.
- Rose Castorini: Oh, God, that's too bad.”
“Don't take your toys inside just because it's raining.”
“- Sophie: Grandma? You weren't invited.
- Ruby Sheridan: That's the best kind of party, little girl.”
“- Rose Castorini: How's the mother?
- Loretta Castorini: She's dying. But I could still hear her big mouth.”
“- Juanita: I wonder what made God turn away from me like that.
- Sissy: I just think, um, there's so many people in the world nowadays, it's hard for him to give the personal attention that he used to.”
“Every woman wants new shoes.”
“You're not even interesting enough to make me sick.”
“When a man's late, it's time to clear the decks.”
“Hurley works there, you think he'd work there if he was gonna get the cancer?”
“I kill myself for my body.”
“If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time
in your life.”
“If I want to put my tits on my back, it's nobody's business but
“If it came in a bottle, everyone would have a great body.”
“If you really want something you can figure out how to make it
“Until you're ready to look foolish, you'll never have the
possibility of being great.”
“If you really want something you can figure out how to make it happen.”
“If grass can grow through cement, love can find you anywhere.”
“Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Or don't do anything I would!”
- Juanita: You do far too much messing around. I'm going to ask my "Friday Bible Club" to devote a prayer session to you.
- Sissy: Why dont you pray for them people in China? They need it a hell of a lot more than I do.
- Juanita: We were praying for them, but it didn't seem to do much good. Now we pray for rain.
“- Rocky Dennis: Mom. Do I look like a freak to you?
- Rusty Dennis: No.
- Rocky Dennis: You know, your always been big on telling me when my face doesn't matter, but, it does. Doesn't it? You think that I can't even get a girl to like me unless you pay for her.”