“The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing - and then they marry him.”
“- Loretta Castorini: That was so awful.
- Ronny Cammareri: Awful?
- Loretta Castorini: Beautiful... sad. She died!
- Ronny Cammareri: Yes.
- Loretta Castorini: I was surprised... You know, I didn't really think she was gonna die. I knew she was sick.
- Ronny Cammareri: She had TB.
- Loretta Castorini: I know! I mean, she was coughing her brains...” (continue)(continue reading)
“A girl can wait for the right man to come along but in the meantime that still doesn't mean she can't have a wonderful time with all the wrong ones.”
“I think... no, I am positive... that you are the most unattractive man I have ever met in my entire life. You know, in the short time we've been together, you have demonstrated every loathsome characteristic of the male personality and even discovered a few new ones. You are physically repulsive, intellectually retarded, you're morally...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Old Crone: You have someone on that plane?
- Loretta Castorini: Yeah, my fiancé.
- Old Crone: I put a curse on that plane. My sister is on that plane. I put a curse on that plane that it's gonna explode, burn on fire and fall into the sea. Fifty years ago, she stole a man from me. S'aprese il mio uomo! Today she tells me that she never loved...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rose Castorini: Do you love him, Loretta?
- Loretta Castorini: Aw, ma, I love him awful.
- Rose Castorini: Oh, God, that's too bad.”
“Don't take your toys inside just because it's raining.”
“- Sophie: Grandma? You weren't invited.
- Ruby Sheridan: That's the best kind of party, little girl.”
“- Rose Castorini: How's the mother?
- Loretta Castorini: She's dying. But I could still hear her big mouth.”
“- Juanita: I wonder what made God turn away from me like that.
- Sissy: I just think, um, there's so many people in the world nowadays, it's hard for him to give the personal attention that he used to.”
“Every woman wants new shoes.”
“You're not even interesting enough to make me sick.”
“When a man's late, it's time to clear the decks.”
“Hurley works there, you think he'd work there if he was gonna get the cancer?”
“I kill myself for my body.”
“If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time
in your life.”
“If I want to put my tits on my back, it's nobody's business but
“If it came in a bottle, everyone would have a great body.”
“If you really want something you can figure out how to make it
“Until you're ready to look foolish, you'll never have the
possibility of being great.”
“If you really want something you can figure out how to make it happen.”
“If grass can grow through cement, love can find you anywhere.”