“The Adventures of Robin Hood” quotes(1938)
Plot – King Richard the Lionheart is imprisoned while he fights the crusade. In the meantime, his jealous and ambitious brother ascends the throne in England, but he isn't popular among the country so he imposes a regime of terror. Robin Hood, a noble and loyal knight, rises against the usurper and becomes a symbol for the oppressed inflicting a series of humiliations to the evil prince. When Robin Hood is prisoned, he manages to escape and organizes the uprising to put an end to the prince's government. Richard the Lionheart finally returns and rewards the loyal Robin.
All actors – Errol Flynn, Olivia de Havilland, Basil Rathbone, Claude Rains, Patric Knowles, Eugene Pallette, Alan Hale, Melville Cooper, Ian Hunter, Una O'Connor, Herbert Mundin, Montagu Loveshow all
“The Adventures of Robin Hood” Quotes 22 quotes
“What a pity her manners don't match her looks.”
“- Lady Marian Fitzswalter: Why, you speak treason!
- Robin Hood: Fluently.”
“- Sir Guy of Gisbourne: Do you know any prayers, my friend?
- Robin Hood: I'll say one for you!”
“I've nothing to offer you but a life of hardship and danger. But we'd be together.”
“- Robin Hood: It's all right, he's one of us.
- Will Scarlett: One of us? He looks like three of us!”
“- Bess: When he looks at you, do you feel a kind of prickly feeling like goosy pimples running all up and down your spine?...Then there's not a doubt of it.
- Lady Marian Fitzswalter: Doubt of what?
- Robin Hood: [entering] That you're in love.”
“Men, if you're willing to fight for our people, I want you!”
“- Lady Marian Fitzswalter: And does it make you want to be with him all the time?
- Bess: Yes, and when he's with you, your legs are as weak as water.”
“Where does this game begin? Oh, I know. It's simple. We'll start where you are in love with me. You are, aren't you? Because I am with you. Terribly. That's why I came. I had to see you.”
“- Little John: It'll take all the deer in Sherwood Forest to fill that belly!
- Friar Tuck: And twice that to fill your empty head!”
“- Robin Hood: You would not kill a man for telling the truth, would you?
- Sir Guy of Gisbourne: If it amused me, yes!”
“- Sir Guy of Gisbourne: You've come to Nottingham once too often!
- Robin Hood: When this is over, my friend, there'll be no need for me to come again.”
“- Sir Guy of Gisbourne: Let me ram those words down his throat your highness!
- Prince John: No... later. Let him spout for the moment.”
“- Robin Hood: Give way, little man.
- Little John: Only to a better man than meself.
- Robin Hood: He stands before you.”
“I am afraid of nothing, least of all you.”
“Because I love you Robin, I'd come. Even the danger would mean nothing if you were with me.”
“- Robin Hood: Then you do love me, don't you? Don't you?
- Lady Marian Fitzswalter: You know I do.”
“- Lady Marian Fitzswalter: You must go at once and I don't love you.
- Robin Hood: Oh! You sure?”
“- Sir Guy of Gisbourne: What is your name?
- Much-the-Miller's-Son: A better one than yours!”