Olivia Mary de Beauvoir de Havilland quotes
“The one thing that you simply have to remember all the time that you are there, is that Hollywood is an oriental city. As long as you do that you might survive. If you try to equate it with anything else you'll perish. ”
“I am afraid of nothing, least of all you.”
“Don't be kind to me, father. It doesn't become you.”
“- Dr. Austin Sloper: You have found a tongue at last, Catherine. 'Tis only to say such terrible things to me.
- Catherine Sloper: Yes. This is a field where you will not compare me to my mother.”
“There certainly is such a thing as screen chemistry, although I don't believe you find it frequently. ”
“I would prefer to live forever in perfect health, but if I must at some time leave this life, I would like to do so ensconced on a chaise longue, perfumed, wearing a velvet robe and pearl earrings, with a flute of champagne beside me and having just discovered the answer to the last problem in a British cryptic crossword. ”
“I don't feel the cold. It's my British blood! ”
“The TV business is soul crushing, talent destroying and human being destroying.”
“- Lady Marian Fitzswalter: Why, you speak treason!
- Robin Hood: Fluently.”
“- Georges Iscovescu: I am in your debt. For there is no way I can pay you for the loveliness of these few minutes. I thank you, Miss Brown.
- Emmy Brown: You're the strangest man.
- Georges Iscovescu: Perhaps, the loneliest man.”
“I've nothing to offer you but a life of hardship and danger. But we'd be together.”
“- Bess: When he looks at you, do you feel a kind of prickly feeling like goosy pimples running all up and down your spine?...Then there's not a doubt of it.
- Lady Marian Fitzswalter: Doubt of what?
- Robin Hood: [entering] That you're in love.”
“- Lady Marian Fitzswalter: And does it make you want to be with him all the time?
- Bess: Yes, and when he's with you, your legs are as weak as water.”
“- Emmy Brown: Good night.
- Georges Iscovescu: It's better than good! Somehow, these walls will not seem so empty inside. You will be here very close to me. Breathing in the same night.”
“- Virginia Brush: If there's something in your eye, Amy, I'll help you get it out.
- Amy Lind: There's nothing in my eye, I just plain and simple winked at him that's all.”