“The Boost” quotes(1988)
All actors – James Woods, Sean Young, John Kapelos, Steven Hill, Kelle Kerr, John Rothman, Amanda Blake, Grace Zabriskie, Marc Poppel, Fred McCarren, Suzanne Kent, Libby Booneshow all
“The Boost” Quotes 13 quotes
“I'm not gonna sit here and watch you kill yourself!”
“- Max Sherman: In all my life, I never treated anyone like I treated you! You were poor; I made you rich. You were drowning; I gave you a yacht! And then you stolefrom me. After I treated you like a son. Twenty thousand dollars!
- Lenny Brown: You want another check? I'll write you another check right now.
- Max Sherman: A check is no damn good....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lenny Brown: Mark, I don't sell drugs. I'm in real estate.
- Mark: I don't sell drugs, either. I'm a screenwriter. But until the ship comes in, you gotta cover the waterfront.”
“- Lenny Brown: I'm making money so fast over at Max's, they can't keep track of it. Everybody in town thinks I'm a firecracker. And even after all this, my own wife still thinks I'm a bum!
- Linda Brown: I think you're a genius. I just don't want you to feel like you're on a treadmill... having to make more and more money to pay for things we...” (continue)(continue reading)
“That's the problem with the younger generation: no sentiment.”
“I wonder what they're all doing tonight. The poor people of the world, I mean.”
“- Ned: I worry about money, just like everybody else.
- Lenny Brown: But you got some backstops. You start falling down that well, you got some slats across to catch yourself, right? You got your professor-father. You got an education. You got the Financial Journal. You can't fall too far. My old man's an ex-printer on disability! My mother is a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I got you a $40,000 car and a $2 mutt. Go figure.”
“Faith may move mountains; this stuff makes them fly.”