Finance quotes26 finance quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Cosmo: Posit: people think a bank might be financially shaky.
- Bishop: Consequence: people start to withdraw their money.
- Cosmo: Result: pretty soon it is financially shaky.
- Bishop: Conclusion: you can make banks fail.
- Cosmo: Bzzt. I've already done that. Maybe you've heard about a few? Think bigger.”
“What do you mean, you're gonna pass. Alan, the only people making money passing are NFL quarterbacks and I don't see a number on your back.”
“I watch the stock market channel all the time... I just watch because I suspect that anchor man of being an evil leprechaun... he can bullshit everybody else, but he ain't fooling me.”
“- Jordan Belfort: [to the waiter] Oh, I'm good with water for now.
- Mark Hanna: It's his first day on Wall Street. Give him time.”
“- Calvin: These are stock certificates. They denote ownership in a company.
- Adam age 11: Those look pretty. May I see them?
- Calvin: Sure. They are yours. Your mother and I bought these for you before you were born to give you some money to help you out in your adult years. Unfortunately, they are all worthless now.”
“There is no such thing as a no sale call. A sale is made on every call you make. Either you sell the client some stock or he sells you a reason he can't. Either way a sale is made.”
“- Greg Weinstein: Even though you're not actually selling stock yet, I want you to remember the code we have here, okay? Did you see Glengarry Glen Ross?
- Seth Davis: Yeah.
- Greg Weinstein: Okay, do you remember 'ABC'?
- Seth Davis: Yeah. 'Always be closing'.
- Greg Weinstein: That's right. 'Always be closing'. 'Telling's not selling'. That's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Looking back the casino was the most legitimate business I had running, I looked my customers in the eye and I provided a service they wanted, now I don't even look my customers in the eye and I push them something they never asked for.”
“You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip. We pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody sits out there wondering how the hell we did it.”
“There's no such thing as white-collar crime. And there's definitely no such thing as black-on-black crime. Crime is crime. Let me explain something to you. I don't care if you have a white collar or a tank top. If you rob me, I'm gonna whup your ass.”
“- Sgt. Al Powell: What about the body that fell out the window?
- Deputy Police Chief Dwayne T. Robinson: Well, who knows? Probably some stockbroker, got depressed.”
“What about the stock market? The universe of numbers that represents the global economy. Millions of hands at work, billions of minds. A vast network, screaming with life. An organism. A natural organism. My hypothesis: Within the stock market, there is a pattern as well... Right in front of me... Hiding behind the numbers. Always has been.”
“- Gene Watson: I'm an accountant.
- Mr. Huey: Well, don't denigrate yourself, my friend. Where would the government be without accountants, huh? They wouldn't know how hard they could squeeze us until we popped. Isn't that right?”
“- Greg Weinstein: There's two rules you have to remember as a trainee, number one: we don't pitch the bitch here.
- Seth Davis: What?
- Greg Weinstein: We don't sell stock to women.”
“I can get it all back. I was a financial genius. 1 and 1 is 2. 2 and 2 is 4. 4 and 4 is three. I still got it!”
“- Seth Davis: FCC regulations state that maximum rip allowed is five percent allowed and we're making four times that.
- Chris Varick: You just passed your Series Seven and now you're an inspector? Aren't you happy with the way things are going?
- Seth Davis: Yeah I am, I'm just curious, you're not curious?
- Chris Varick: Not at all, I like...” (continue)(continue reading)