“The Draughtsman's Contract” quotes(1982)
All actors – Anthony Higgins, Janet Suzman, Anne-Louise Lambert, Hugh Fraser, Neil Cunningham, Dave Hill, David Gant, David Meyer, Tony Meyer, Nicholas Amer, Suzan Crowley, Lynda La Plante, Michael Feast, Alastair Cumming, Steve Ubels, Ben Kirby, Sylvia Rotter, Kate Doherty, David Joss Buckley, Michael Carter, Vivienne Chandler, Geoffrey Larder, Harry Van Engel, George Millershow all
“The Draughtsman's Contract” Quotes 14 quotes
“Your inventory, Louis, is unlimited. Like your long, clean, white breeches, there is nothing of substance in either of them.”
“- Mr Neville: That was ingenious.
- Mrs. Talmann: Since when has adultery been ingenious? You are ridiculous, Mr. Neville.”
“- Mrs. Talmann: His father was killed at Aufbergensfeld. His mother became a Catholic so my husband had him brought to England.
- Mr Neville: To be raised as a little Protestant?
- Mrs. Talmann: He was an orphan, Mr. Neville, and needed to be looked after.
- Mr Neville: An orphan, madame, because his mother became a Catholic?”
“- Mr Neville: Four garments and a ladder do not lead us to a corpse.
- Mrs. Talmann: Mr. Neville, I said nothing about a corpse.”
“You must forgive my curiosity, madam, and open your knees.”
“Mr. Chandos was a man who spent more time with his gardener than his wife.”
“- Mr Neville: I'm surprised, delighted. I am overwhelmed.
- Mrs Herbert: Mr. Neville, I will take all three states of your satisfaction into consideration.”
“When your speech is as coarse as your face, Louis, then you sound as impotent by day as you perform by night.”
“- Mr Neville: Why doesn't your husband have the moat cleaned out?
- Mrs Herbert: He doesn't like to see the fish. Carp live too long - they remind him of Catholics. Besides, from his window, the duckweed could be mistaken for lawn.”
“Why is that dutchman waving his arms about? Is he homesick for windmills?”
“Chasing sheep is a tiresome habit best left to shepherds.”
“Your innocence, Mr. Neville, is always sinister.”
“More than a witness, Mr. Neville - an accessory to misadventure.”
“- Mr Neville: The Garden of Eden, Mr. Talman, was originally intended for Ireland. For it was there, after all, that St. Patrick eradicated the snake.
- Mr Talmann: The only useful eradication that ever happened in Ireland, Mr. Neville, was peformed by William of Orange four years ago on my birthday!
- Mr Neville: Happy birthday to you, Mr....” (continue)(continue reading)