Nostalgia quotes75 nostalgia quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“We struggle so hard to hold on to these things that we know are gonna disappear eventually. And that’s really noble.”
“We reached the Mediterranean. I wanted those waters to be blue, but they were black, nighttime waters, and how I suffered then, straining to recall the color that in my youth I had taken for granted.”
“Are you here? Are you always here? I miss you. I think about you all the time. I hear your voice say my name when I dream and when I wake up, there are tears streaming down my face. I just miss you, it's as simple as that. I want to tell you everything. I don't understand what you're saying. I can't hear your voice.”
“Look, you don't have to come in with me, but what happens when another Georgie goes missing, or another Betty, or another Ed Corcoran, or... one of us? Are you just gonna pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town? Because I can't. I go home and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You can never replace anyone because everyone is made up of such beautiful specific details.”
“I'm going to miss your lips. And everything attached to them.”
“You can just feel the details. The bits and pieces you never bothered to put into words. And you can feel these extreme moments... even if you don't want to. You put these together, and you get the feel of a person. Enough to know how much you miss them... and how much you hate the person who took them away.”
“Although I hadn't seen him in more than ten years, I know I'll miss him forever.”
“Nostalgia is a powerful feeling; it can drown out anything.”
“- Arnold Beckoff: Ma... I miss him.
- Ma Beckoff: Give yourself time, Arnold. It gets better... But, Arnold, it never goes away. You can work longer hours, adopt a son, fight with me, whatever... it'll still be there. But that's all right, it becomes a part of you, like learning to wear a ring or a pair of eyeglasses. You get used to it. And...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.”
“That is nostalgia: finding out that things from the past you didn’t even expect were happiness…. actually were.”
“Nostalgia, you know. A failing of the old, I suppose.”
“- Peter Parker: Everywhere I go, I see his face. I just really miss him.
- Happy Hogan: Yeah, I miss him too. I don't think Tony would've done what he did, if he didn't know you were gonna be here after he was gone.”
“- Oliver Hardy: I'll miss us when we're gone.
- Stan Laurel: So will you.”
“- Karen, The Bartender: Trying to get the old magic back?
- Kay: Yeah.
- Karen, The Bartender: Did you ever have it?”
“I hate looking backward, but every once in a while it sneaks up on you.”
“- Alfred Pennyworth: Were you looking at the old family pictures again?
- Batman: At the what? The old family... Oh, yes! I see what you mean. Look at that! The old gang. Yeah. No, I wasn't.
- Alfred Pennyworth: I see. Sir, if you don't mind my saying, I'm a little concerned. I've seen you go through similar phases in 2016 and 2012 and 2008 and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Doris Saphron: I miss Murray, Harry.
- Harry Zimm: Yeah, I miss him, too. Hell of a good writer, you know. I should know, I discovered him. Made him what he was.
- Doris Saphron: What he was, was a hack. He couldn't get a job writing for anybody but you. I'm being honest. He was a lousywriter, but he was a good husband. I just didn't know...” (continue)(continue reading)