Misfortune quotes62 misfortune quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Luck don't live out here.”
“It's pointless. These's nothing doing. It always rains on Sundays.”
“- Le lieutenant Fontaine: Do you believe in luck?
- François Jost: I used to. It didn't work out.
- Le lieutenant Fontaine: Maybe you're the one who blew it.”
“- Christina: [Reading] Follow the yellow brick road? Huh! I'm following the yellow brick road... following the yellow brick...
- Christina: [Comes across a picture of a dog with a hole in its mouth, she gasps] Muffy! You look like my old doggy Muffy! What's in your mouth? What's in your mouth?
- Christina: What have you got in there?
- Man in...” (continue)(continue reading)
“How can all these things happen to just one person?”
“- William: I've been left for dead twice... it was bad luck.
- Ballard: For who?
- William: The people who left me!”
“You keep hiding from shit in the world, and eventually the world comes to your front door.”
“Don't give me this bullshit about Murphy's Law. If I run into Murphy, I'm gonna kick him right in the balls.”
“Is there a greater twist of fate Annie? To win half a million and the next minute die from the shock of it!”
“I am not what you would call a handsome man. The good Lord chose not to bless me with... with charm, athletic ability... or a fully functional brain.”
“Women are incapable of being bad luck by themselves. It's men make 'em that way.”
“Dead mans chungs.”
“- Barbara Roxbury: First my party's ruined, then my house is destroyed. Now someone's stolen my car.
- Maggie: As I've always said, Barbara, you throw one hell of a party.”
“Everything you touch turns to shit, you're like king Midas's idiot brother.”
“I was born with a priceless gift, the ability to laugh at the misfortunes of others.”
“Okay, even thought it is following you I can still see it. It is not done with me either. Okay, like I told you, all you can do is pass it on to someone else.”
“Life isn't a fairy tale, it's not a bunch of jumping rope and grabbing ass. It's complicated.”
“Forgive me if I notice that you are affected. I shouldn't respect your sorrow more if you were my own father. From that misfortune, however, you are free. Indeed, that is one thing to be grateful for, I suppose.”
“- Jack McClane: Let me ask you something. You lookin' for trouble, or does it always seem to find you?
- John McClane: You know, after all these years, I still ask myself the same question.”