Ewan McGregor quotes
“- Satine: I can't fall in love with anyone.
- Christian: Can't... fall in love? But a life without love... that's terrible!
- Satine: No. Being on the street, that's terrible.”
“There are some fish that cannot be caught. It's not that they are faster or stronger than other fish, they're just touched by something extra.”
“The Moulin Rouge. A night club, a dance hall and a bordello. Ruled over by Harold Zidler. A kingdom of night time pleasures. Where the rich and powerful came to play with the young and beautiful creatures of the underworld. The most beautiful of these was the one I loved. Satine. A courtesan. She sold her love to men. They called her the ...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return!”
“Perhaps the reason for my growth was intended for larger things. After all, a giant man can't have an ordinary-sized life.”
“Christopher Robin-I've cracked.
Winnie The Pooh-Oh, I don't see any cracks. A few wrinkles, maybe.”
“Winnie The Pooh-What day is it?
Christopher Robin-It's today.
Winnie The Pooh-My favorite day.”
“We're all dying. The world's just one big hospice with fresh air.”
“- Renton: What are you gonna do?
- Veronika: I don't know. I should go home. But... To go home with nothing? No qualification, no career, not even bringing money.
- Renton: What's at home?
- Veronika: You know. Emotional attachment. That's all.”
“Choose handbags, choose high-heeled shoes, cashmere and silk, to make yourself feel what passes for happy. Choose an iPhone made in China by a woman who jumped out of a window and stick it in the pocket of your jacket fresh from a South-Asian Firetrap. ChooseFacebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and a thousand others ways to spew your bile...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Veronika: What's 'Choose life'?
- Renton: What?
- Veronika: 'Choose life'. Simon says it sometimes. He says "Choose life, Veronika!"
- Renton: 'Choose life'. 'Choose life' was a well meaning slogan from a 1980's anti-drug campaign and we used to add things to it, so I might say for example, choose... designer lingerie, in the vain hope of... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Juliet Miller: You're frightened.
- Alex Law: I'm not frightened. I'm a little terrified, maybe.”
“A real artist creates beautiful things and puts nothing of his own life into them.”