“...And Justice for All” quotes(1979)
Plot – In Baltimore, the young lawyer Arthur Kirkland has to face the unfair judicial system that facilitates corrupted judges and destroys the lives of innocent people. The judge Rayford, a weird old man, helps Arthur by offering him incredible amusements that the strict guy doesn’t appreciate. Kirkland is also helped by his old father Sam, whose senility worsens more and more. The lawyer’s true rival is Henry Fleming, a sadistic judge who sentenced an innocent Arthur’s client.
All actors – Al Pacino, Jack Warden, John Forsythe, Lee Strasberg, Jeffrey Tambor, Christine Lahti, Sam Levene, Robert Christian, Thomas G. Waites, Larry Bryggman, Craig T. Nelson, Dominic Chianeseshow all
“...And Justice for All” Quotes 21 quotes
The one thing that bothered me, the one thing that stayed in my mind and I couldn't get rid of it, that haunted me, was "Why?". Why would she lie? What was her motive for lying? If my client is innocent, she's lying. Why? Was it blackmail? No. Was it jealousy? No. Yesterday, I found out why. She doesn't have a motive. You know why? Because she's... (continue)(continue reading)
“This is a man bent on killing himself, it's not secret, a guard found him in his chambers once trying to hang himself! This is a man who's making value decisions on people's lives!”
“See what happened when it was time to come down on a nigger. It's like smoking, they've got to have a nigger every 20 minutes.”
“I have a client in jail for a busted tail light and I can't get him out.”
“- Judge Francis Rayford: I found out what the meaning of life is.
- Arthur Kirkland: What's that?
- Judge Francis Rayford: It sucks.”
“- Officer Leary: I told him to move on, but he continued to use profanity and he refused to leave the premises.
- Judge Francis Rayford: What sort of profanity?
- Officer Leary: You know, the normal kind.
- Judge Francis Rayford: Officer Leary, we've all heard these words before, now for the record what did he say?
- Officer Leary: He used... ...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sixteen years of marriage and my wife still won't eat Chinese food. It's crazy, especially since we met in a Chinese restaurant.”
“- Carl Travers: I was your first, you know that, Arthur? I was your first client, you broke cherry on me.
- Arthur Kirkland: Now is not the time to go down memory lane, Carl.”
“I haven't left the scene of the accident, I'm in it!”
“- Arthur Kirkland: Where are we going?
- Judge Francis Rayford: You wanna go someplace in particular?
- Arthur Kirkland: No. Down, I would prefer to go down...”
“Gentlemen, need I remind you you're in a court of law?”
“- Arthur Kirkland: Why dont you go flying together with your wife?
- Judge Francis Rayford: The last thing we did together was get married!”
“- Arthur Kirkland: Why do we have to use microphones? Why can't we just talk to each other? We're close enough.
- Assistant D.A. Keene: This is a hearing, Mr. Kirkland.”