Bud Abbott quotes
“You never heard of a comedy team that didn't fight, did you?”
“My heart is broken. I’ve lost the best pal anyone ever had.”
“Well, I always had a chauffer, because I have never driven a car in my life. I still can't drive.”
“Once they get their hooks into you, you're a dead pigeon.”
“- Herbie Brown: I'm just talking to myself.
- Slicker Smith: Well, don't talk so loud!
- Herbie Brown: I've got hear what I have to say.”
“- Herbie Brown: She'll have to wait for me!
- Slicker Smith: Why should she wait for you?
- Herbie Brown: I was nice enough to wait for her!”
“- Grover Mockridge: Go answer the door. It might be Warner.
- Wilbur Hoolihan: It won't do no good. We're all signed up with Universal.”
“- Buzz Kurtis: Every time you open your mouth, what happens?
- Abercrombie: I eat.”
“- Smokey Adams: Did you ever go to school, stupid?
- Pomeroy Watson: Yeah, and I come out the same way.”
- "Doc": Did you ever go to school, stupid?
- "Wishy": Yeah and I came out the same way.
“You're 40-years-old, you're four times as old as this girl, and you can't marry her, so you wait five years. By that time the little girl's 15 and you're 45. You're only three times as old as that little girl. So you wait 15 years and when the girl is 30, you're at 60. You're only twice as old as that little girl.”
“- Abbott: Put that out. There's no smoking in here.
- Costello: What makes you think I'm smoking?
- Abbott: You've got a cigar in your mouth!
- Costello: I've got shoes on... it doesn't mean I'm walking.”