Chico Marx quotes
“I wasn't kissing her, I was whispering in her mouth.
[To his wife after being caught with a chorine].”
“- Otis B. Driftwood: Could he sail tomorrow?
- Fiorello: You pay him enough money, he could sail yesterday.”
“Look-a, Mr. Lyons, I know you wanna make a good impression, but-a please - don't play better than me.”
“- Faustino the Great: How long you study music?
- Mr. Lyons: Fifteen years.
- Faustino the Great: Fifteen. You know, two more years you could've been a plumber?”
“- Harry Binelli: Hurry up, before they come back. And, groan, groan, stagger about and don't die too soon! You must take your time. And you mustn't die before 11 o'clock.
- Leo Davis: Don't you worry! I'll give you the best performance you ever saw in a hotel bedroom!
- Gordon Miller: That's the spirit! Good luck, Davis. Drop dead!”
“- Rufus T. Firefly: Do you realize our army is facing disastrous defeat? What do you intend to do about it?
- Chicolini: I've done it already.
- Rufus T. Firefly: You've done what?
- Chicolini: I've changed to the other side.”
“- Fiorello: I haven't heard anything yet. Did you say anything?
- Otis B. Driftwood: Well, I haven't said anything worth hearing.”
“- Captain Jeffrey Spaulding: I used to know a fellow who looked exactly like you by the name of Emanuel Ravelli. Are you his brother?
- Signor Emanuel Ravelli: I am Emanuel Ravelli.
- Captain Jeffrey Spaulding: Well, no wonder you look like him. But I still insist there is a resemblance.”
“- Gordon Miller: Too soon, too soon, he died too soon.
- Harry Binelli: An hour too soon.”
“- Chicolini: I think we should have a standing army.
- Rufus T. Firefly: Why should we have a standing army?
- Chicolini: Because then we save money on chairs.”
“- Otis B. Driftwood: Go fast. I can see a man with a rope out there.
- Fiorello: How we happen to come to America is a great story, but I no tell that.”
“We no take gasoline, we no take the airplane. We take steamship. And that, friends, is how we fly across the ocean.”
“- Harry Binelli: I like-a love.
- Gordon Miller: I like it too; but, there's a time and place for everything.
- Harry Binelli: I like it anytime.”
“- Tony: Hey doc, can you see us?
- Dr. Hackenbush: If I can't there's something wrong with my glasses.”
“- Waiter: Would you like to have anything before lunch?
- Chico: Yes, breakfast.”