Prohibition quotes44 prohibition quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Alright, wait a minute. No drinking, no drugs, no kissing, no tattoos, no piercings, no ritual animal slaughters of any kind. Oh, God, I'm giving them ideas.”
“God gave us a great big apple, see, and He said don't touch it. He didn't say touch it once in a while; He didn't say take a nibble when you're hungry; He said don't touch it! Don't think about touchin'it, don't sing about touchin' it, don't think about singin' about touchin' it!”
“- George Milton: Lennie! Listen to me, God damn it! Don't you even look at her! I don't care what she says or what she does, she's a rat trap if I ever seen one.
- Lennie Small: But I wasn't doing nothing.
- George Milton: No, but when she was shoving her legs around you weren't looking the other way neither. Keep away from her!”
“- Padmé: It must be difficult having sworn your life to the Jedi... not being able to visit the places you like... or do the things you like.
- Anakin Skywalker: Or be with the people I love.
- Padmé: Are you allowed to love? I thought that was forbidden for a Jedi.”
“- Samson: You giving my friend trouble.
- Checker: Look, I cannot sell you guys beer after two o'clock in the morning.
- Samson: Well, I'm here to turn back the time.”
“Doris Lessing escaped taboos, perhaps by ignoring them. She believed in what is natural.”
“- Stoney: Link your probably used to eatin twigs,but here in the USA we have what you call the 4 basic food groups [Link picks up a banana]... And Link, this is not one of them. Fist group: the dairie group, milk duds, you hide these under your pillow so your mom doesnt find them. If she does you're tweaked bro. Second group, fruit gruop, sweet...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Porthos: For a chase, the Cardinal recommends his excellent '24 Cabernet. You can't have any, you're too young.
- Athos: Take the reins, boy.”
“- Ada Kurtzman: Your father says you're not going out dressed that way.
- Ben Kurtzman: And I'm not changing.
- Ada Kurtzman: He says he's not changing.
- Nate Kurtzman: I wanna talk to Hitler.
- Ada Kurtzman: He has a swastika on his arm and big black boots! He's wearing big black boots! He came down the stairs in them with swastikas all...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Love was the only thing not asked of you. Indeed it was the only thing expressly forbidden of you.”
“Dr. Wigand, I am instructing you not to answer that question in accordance to the terms of the contractual obligations undertaken by you not to disclose any information about your work at the Brown and Williamson tobacco company, and in accordance with the force and effect of the temporary restraining order that has been entered against you by...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Charlie Wilson: She always wanted to be a dancer but it was against her religion.
- Brigadier Rashid: What religion is that?
- Charlie Wilson: She's Baptist.”
“Things one can't do, are the ones I want to.”
“It's tobacco. It kills 350,000 people a year. You know how much coke, crack, heroin, pot kill every year? Four thousand people. Will you listen to sense? Hello? Let me check. Will you listen to logic, please? The only people who benefit from prohibition... are the gangsters makin' the money on it, the politicians condemning it and gettin' your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mrs. Dempsey: Mrs. Cox would never allow us. It's against the rules.
- Mr. Bloom: Rules? Did rules ever stop a child from playing?”
“- Dr. Buddy Rydell: Now then we need to go over some ground rules. You are to refrain from any any acts of violence including verbal assault and vulgar hand gestures. You may not use rage enhancing substances, such as caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, crack cocaine, slippy-flippy's, jelly stingers, trick sticks, bing bangs or flying willards.
- Dave...” (continue)(continue reading)