“A Christmas Carol” quotes(1984)
All actors – George C. Scott, Frank Finlay, Angela Pleasence, Edward Woodward, Michael Carter, David Warner, Susannah York, Anthony Walters, Roger Rees, Caroline Langrishe, Lucy Gutteridge, Nigel Davenportshow all
“A Christmas Carol” Quotes 18 quotes
“Ebenezer, I release you. You are a free man. I let you go with a full heart. May you be happy in the life you have chosen.”
- Ghost of Christmas Present: If he is to die, then let him die! "And decrease the surpluspopulation!".
- Ebenezer Scrooge: You use my own words against me?
- Ghost of Christmas Present: Yes! So perhaps, in the future, you will hold your tongue until you have discovered where the surpluspopulation is, and who it is.
“- Ebenezer Scrooge: Who are you?
- Jacob Marley: Ask me who I was.
- Ebenezer Scrooge: You're particular for a ghost. Who were you then.
- Jacob Marley: In life I was your partner. Jacob Marley.”
“- Mr. Poole: Mr. Scrooge, I presume?
- Ebenezer Scrooge: Indeed you do, sir.
- Mr. Poole: You don't know us?
- Ebenezer Scrooge: Nor do I wish to.”
“- Tiny Tim: Merry Christmas, Sir!
- Ebenezer Scrooge: Humbug.”
“I wear the chain I forged in life. I made it link by link and yard by yard. Is its pattern strange to you or would you know the length of the strong coils you bear yourself? It was as full, as heavy, as long as this seven Christmas eves ago, you have labored on it since, it is a ponderous chain!”
“His wealth is quite useless to him, really. He doesn't do any good with it; he doesn't even make himself comfortable with it.”
“These are garments, Mr. Cratchit. Garments were invented by the human race as a protection against the cold. Once purchased, they may be used indefinitely for the purpose for which they are intended.”
“- Tiny Tim: Merry Christmas, Mister Scrooge.
- Ebenezer Scrooge: Don't beg on this corner, boy.
- Tiny Tim: I'm not begging, Sir. I'm Tim Cratchit. I'm waiting for my father.”
“God bless us, everyone.”
- Ebenezer Scrooge: What are they?
- Ghost of Christmas Present: They are your children! They are the children of all who walk the earth unseen! Their names are Ignorance and Want! Beware of them, for upon their brow is written the word "doom"! They spell the downfall of you and all who deny their existence!
- Ebenezer Scrooge: I almost went after her.
- Ghost of Christmas Past: "Almost" carries no weight. Especially in matters of the heart.