“Field of Dreams” quotes(1989)
Plot – Ray Kinsella owns a farm in Iowa, while his father was fond of baseball. One day Ray decides to build a baseball field to bring back to life a champion of the past. Everyone thinks he has gone crazy, but since that very day many players arrive at Kinsella's and Ray plays baseball with his father too.
All actors – Kevin Costner, Amy Madigan, Gaby Hoffmann, Ray Liotta, Timothy Busfield, James Earl Jones, Burt Lancaster, Frank Whaley, Dwier Brown, James Andelin, Mary Anne Kean, Fern Persons, Kelly Coffield Park, Michael Milhoan, Steve Eastin, Charles Hoyes, Art LaFleur, Lee Garlington, Mike Nussbaum, Larry Brandenburg, Mary McDonald Gershon, Robert Kurcz, Don John Ross, Beatrice Fredman, Geoffrey Nauffts, Anne Seymour, C. George Biasi, Howard Sherf, Joseph R. Ryan, Joe Glasberg, Mark Danker, Frank Dardis, Jim Doty, Mike Goad, Jay Hemond, Mike Hodge, Steve Jenkins, Terry Kelleher, Ron Lucas, Fred Martin, Curt McWilliams, Jude Milbert, Steve Olberding, Gene Potts, James Roth, Paul Scherrman, Dale Till, Brian Waldvogel, Brian E. Frankish, Jeffrey Neal Silverman, Ed Harris, , Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Robin Eddins, Kevin Fennessyshow all
“Field of Dreams” Quotes 16 quotes
“- Terence Mann: You're from the sixties.
- Ray Kinsella: Well, yeah, actually...
- Terence Mann: [spraying at Ray Kinsella with a insecticide sprayer] Out! Back to the sixties! Back! There's no place for you here in the future! Get back while you still can!”
“- Shoeless Joe Jackson: What's with the lights?
- Ray Kinsella: Oh, all the stadiums have them now. Even Wrigley Field.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson: Makes it harder to see the ball.
- Ray Kinsella: Yeah, well, the owners found that more people can attend night games.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson: [shakes his head] Owners.”
“To feel the tingling in your arm as you connect with the ball. To run the bases, stretch a double into a triple, and flop face-first into third, wrap your arms around the bag. That's my wish, Ray Kinsella. That's my wish. And is there enough magic out there in the moonlight to make this dream come true?”
“The only thing we had in common was that she came from Iowa, and I had once heard of Iowa.”
“- Ray Kinsella: Is there a heaven?
- John Kinsella: Oh yeah. It's the place where dreams come true.”
“- Ray Kinsella: He's dead. Died in '51; he's dead.
- Annie Kinsella: He's the one they suspended, right?
- Ray Kinsella: Right.
- Annie Kinsella: He's still dead?
- Ray Kinsella: Far as I know.”
“- Mark: You're going to lose your farm, pal.
- Ray Kinsella: Come on, it's so big... I mean, how can you lose something so big?”
“Getting thrown out of baseball was like having part of me amputated. I've heard that old men wake up and scratch itchy legs that been dust for over fifty years. That was me. I'd wake up at night with the smell of the ball park in my nose, the cool of the grass on my feet... the thrill of the grass.”
We just don't recognize life's most significant moments while they're happening. Back then I thought, "well, there'll be other days". I didn't realize that that was the only day.
“- Mark: You don't know the first thing about farming.
- Ray Kinsella: Yes I do. I know a lot about farming. I know more than you think I know.
- Mark: Then how could you plow under your major crop?
- Ray Kinsella: What's a crop?”