“The NeverEnding Story” quotes(1984)
Plot – The mother died and the father is quite distracted, so Bastian reads a lot to keep on dreaming. One of his books,“The NeverEnding Story”, gives him the opportunity to live in the kingdom of Fantasia, which is dying because people stopped dreaming. Bastian saves the Childlike Empress and rides a flying dragon.
All actors – Barret Oliver, Gerald McRaney, Drum Garrett, Darryl Cooksey, Nicholas Gilbert, Thomas Hill, Deep Roy, Tilo Prückner, Moses Gunn, Noah Hathaway, Alan Oppenheimer, Sydney Bromley, Patricia Hayes, Tami Stronach, Beth Anderson, Dee Harris, Frank Lenart, Limahl, Heinz Reincke, Silvia Seidelshow all
“The NeverEnding Story” Quotes 21 quotes
“Never give up and good luck will find you.”
“- Bastian: What is that?
- The Childlike Empress: One grain of sand. It is all that remains of my vast empire.
- Bastian: Fantasia has totally disappeared?
- The Childlike Empress: Yes.
- Bastian: Then, everything's been in vain.
- The Childlike Empress: No, it hasn't. Fantasia can arise anew, from your dreams and wishes, Bastian.”
“- Carl Conrad Coreander: Your books are safe. While you're reading them, you get to become Tarzan or Robinson Crusoe.
- Bastian: But that's what I like about 'em.
- Carl Conrad Coreander: Ahh, but afterwards you get to be a little boy again.
- Bastian: Wh-what do you mean?
- Carl Conrad Coreander: Listen. Have you ever been Captain Nemo, trapped...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The Sphinxes eyes stay closed, until someone who does not feel his own worth tries to pass by.”
“- Bastian: I know books, I have 186 of them at home.
- Carl Conrad Coreander: Ah, comic books.
- Bastian: No, I've read Treasure Island, The Last of the Mohicans, Wizard of Oz, Lord of the Rings, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Tarzan.
- Carl Conrad Coreander: Whoa whoa whoa, who were you running from?
- Bastian: Just some kids from school.
- Carl...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bastian: How many wishes do I get?
- The Childlike Empress: As many as you want. And the more wishes you make, the more magnificent Fantasia will become.
- Bastian: Really?
- The Childlike Empress: Try it.
- Bastian: My first wish is...”
“- Atreyu: You've already brought me the entire 10000 miles?
- Falkor: No, only 9891.”
“- G'mork: If you come any closer, I will rip you to shreds.
- Atreyu: Who are you?
- G'mork: I am G'mork. And you, whoever you are, can have the honor of being my last victim.
- Atreyu: I will not die easily. I am a warrior!”
“- Falkor: I like children.
- Atreyu: For breakfast?”
“Having a luck dragon with you is the only way to go on a quest.”
“Bastian made many other wishes, and had many other amazing adventures - before he finally returned to the ordinary world. But that's... another story.”
“- Engywook: Next is the Magic Mirror Gate. Atreyu has to face his true self.
- Falkor: So what? That won't be too hard for him.
- Engywook: Oh, that's what everyone thinks! But kind people find out that they are cruel. Brave men discover that they are really cowards! Confronted by their true selves, most men run away screaming!”
“- Atreyu: Do you have a cold?
- Morla, the Ancient One: No, we are allergic to youth.”
“A hole would be something. No, it was nothing.”