Charity quotes33 charity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
I was driving around with this buddy of mine, he was a big atheist, and we came to a stop, next to this homeless guy. And my buddy takes out a 100 dollar bill, and leans out the window, and he says, "Do you believe in God?". And the guy looks at my friend, and he looks at the money, he says, "Uh, yes, I do". My friend says, "wrong answer", and... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Major Bergman: You clearly aim to harm the Reich and its armed forces.
- Don Pietro Pellegrini: That wasn't exactly my aim.
- Major Bergman: Then what would you call a man who not only provides refuge and forged documents to Italians plotting attacks on our soldiers but even shelters German deserters?
- Don Pietro Pellegrini: A man who humbly...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Hello. Yes, Reverend Mosby... Uh-huh. I'll certainly ask him but I doubt if he'll be available. I understand it's for a local charity. Um-hmmm... I'm writing it all down [she writes nothing down]. Okay, got it. Sounds very worthwhile, I-agree but unfortunately, I see that Mr. Parker will be out of the country those days. Yes, I'll be sure to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“All social life is now charity fund-raisers. I get fifteen letters a day for everything from Yugoslavian dog illnesses to marathon-runners' nipple diseases.”
“It's better to help people than garden gnomes.”
“For eighty years, I've tried to live... a decent life. I've given a billion dollars to charity. If this comes to trial... none of that will be remembered. I'll just go out... the joke of the world.”
“If you think that by giving cold fusion to the world and giving up unimaginable wealth you'll make us happy, you're right.”
“Charity work. I gather these for those less fortunate than myself who can't afford pornography.”
“Sorry madam, I don't work on Sundays.”
“This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity.”
“If you haven't got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.”
“- Sylvia Mallory: This is William. William had heart surgery just seven days ago, and thanks to the blood transfusions paid for by your generosity at tonight's premier, he's going to be alright. Aren't you William?
- William: I don't want to be here!
- Sylvia Mallory: William's a little grumpy.
- William: Get off of me, ugly!
- Sylvia Mallory:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I am only here because I owe Leslie a thousand favors. I'm not big on charities. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He’s a grown man. Fishing’s not that hard.”
“- Mickey Goldmill: You're wearing your anatomy out for charity. Nobody else does this much for charity.
- Rocky Balboa: Bob Hope would.
- Mickey Goldmill: [pause, nods] That's true.”
“Perhaps we are all refugees from something, but I see now there is nothing to fear, that the world we hold onto, the lives we cherish, are a part of something greater, something more.”
“- Tiny Tim: Merry Christmas, Mister Scrooge.
- Ebenezer Scrooge: Don't beg on this corner, boy.
- Tiny Tim: I'm not begging, Sir. I'm Tim Cratchit. I'm waiting for my father.”