Sissy Spacek quotes
- From the movie: The Ring Two
“They don't dream, you know. The dead don't dream, and the dead never sleep. They wait, they watch for a way to get back. My baby told me to, just like yours will tell you, and you have to do it. You have to send it back. They stopped me. Don't let them stop you. You have to listen to the voices. You know what they did? They let the dead get in....” (continue)(continue reading)
- La trovi in Actors and Art
- La trovi in Actors in real life
“The name Sissy came because my brothers called me that.”
- La trovi in Motivational Quotes
“You know, I don't know what the future will bring, but I'm ready for whatever comes!”
“You boys stop fighting and listen to me sing!”
“- Doolittle Lynn: Mr. Webb, me and Loretta are fixin' to get married, if it's alright with you.
- Ted Webb: Go ask Clary.
- Doolittle Lynn: Mrs. Webb, me and Loretta is thinkin' about gettin' married tomorrow.
- 'Clary' Webb: Go ask Ted.
- Loretta Lynn: Doolittle, what are you doin'?
- Doolittle Lynn: Ted says go ask Clary; Clary says go ask Ted...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: The Man with Two Brains
- Anne Uumellmahaye: Michael, you do so much for me, and I do nothing for you.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr: Are you out of your head? Sorry, I forgot. As far as I'm concerned, you're the most complete woman I've ever known. All my life, I wanted women with great bodies, women who were "Tens". Now, for the first time, I'm aroused by a mind.
Things is moving too fast in my life. Always have. I mean. one day I was this little girl. The next day I was married. Next I was having babies. Next day I was out here singing for you all. Patsy's always saying, "Little girl, you got to run your own life". But my life's running me.
“- Patsy Cline: People want to know who you've been sleeping with that you've been on so many times.
- Loretta Lynn: Who's been a sayin' that?
- Patsy Cline: Gals that have been sleepin' with everybody and still ain't been on yet.”
- Loretta Lynn: Dadgum it, Doo! You never ask me nothing! You just say, "Hey baby, here's the deal, take it or leave it". Well, it's drivin' me crazy, Doo!
- Doolittle Lynn: Well, hell, then let's go up to the house, call a lawyer and get a divorce. I'm tired of this bullshit.
- Loretta Lynn: I don't want no divorce! I just want the dadgum... (continue)(continue reading)
- Loretta Lynn: Shoot, we've been driving so much, I don't know where I am half the time. But it's fun. We sing, and talk, and Doo - that's my husband - he'll get to acting horny.
- Speedy West: What!
- Loretta Lynn: And the more I laugh, the hornier he gets, and then he'll say, "Loretta, spread me up another one of them baloney sandwiches"!
“- Meg Magrath: Why'd you do it, Babe? Why'd you put your head in the oven?
- Babe Magrath: I don't know... I'm having a bad day.”
“- Jewel: So, uh, what did you say you do?
- Forrest Tucker: Well that’s a secret.
- Jewel: And why is that?
- Forrest Tucker: Well because if I told you, you probably wouldn’t want to see me again.
- Jewel: Who said I was going to see you again?
- Forrest Tucker: Would you?”
- Jewel: 'Cause you think about... ten years from now, where will you be, what'll you be doing? Now, whenever I close the door, I think: "Oh, is this the last time I'll ever have a chance to do whatever that thing was?"
- Forrest Tucker: You know what I do when the door closes?
- Jewel: What's that?
- Forrest Tucker: I jump out the window.
“- Jewel: Do you have any children?
- Forrest Tucker: I hope not.”
- From the movie: In the Bedroom
“- Ruth Fowler: So what are you going to do about it?
- Frank Fowler: I don't know... take karate.”
- From the movie: Deadfall
“- Addison: Why are you so calm?
- June Mills: A panicking woman is no help to anyone.”
“- Ed Horman: I feel very guilty.
- Beth Horman: Charlie always says guilt is like fear. It's given to us for survival, not destruction.
- Ed Horman: Beth, for what it's worth, I think you are one of the most courageous people I have ever met.”
“- Babe Magrath: She told me how embarrassing it was for her all those years ago. You know, when mama...
- Meg Magrath: Yeah, down in the cellar.
- Babe Magrath: She said our mama had shamed the entire family and that we were known notoriously all through Hazelhurst. Then she went on to say how I would now be getting just as much badpublicity...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Beth Horman: And what are the basics? God, country and Wall Street?
- Ed Horman: You know what I mean.
- Beth Horman: I know, I know. God bless our way of life!
- Ed Horman: A very good way of life it is, young lady, no matter how much people like you and Charles try to tear it down with your sloppy idealism. I can no longer abide the young...” (continue)(continue reading)