“Ex Machina” quotes(2015)
Plot – Caleb, a 24-year-old programmer for the largest Internet company of the world, wins a competition whose prize is to spend a week in a mountain refuge belonging to Nathan, the company's loner CEO. However, when he arrives in this remote place, Caleb finds out that he is to participate in a strange and fascinating experiment in which he will have to interact with the world's first true artificial intelligence, contained in the body of a beautiful girl-robot.
All actors – Domhnall Gleeson, Corey Johnson, Oscar Isaac, Alicia Vikander, Sonoya Mizuno, Claire Selby, Symara A. Templeman, Gana Bayarsaikhan, Tiffany Pisani, Elina Alminas, , Chelsea Li, Caitlin Morton, Deborah Rosan, Johanna Thea, Evie Wrayshow all
“Ex Machina” Quotes 18 quotes
“It is what it is... It's Promethean man.”
“- Nathan: I understand that you want me to explain how Ava works, but I'm sorry. I'm not gonna be able to do that.
- Caleb: Try me. I'm hot on high-level abstraction.
- Nathan: It's not 'cause I think you're too dumb. It's 'cause I want to have a beer and a conversation with you, not a seminar.”
“It's obvious, once I stop to think.”
“- Nathan: Caleb, what's your type?
- Caleb: Of girl?
- Nathan: No, salad dressing!”
“- Nathan: The answer is, how do you feel about her? Nothing analytical, just... how you feel.
- Caleb: I feel... that she is fucking amazing.”
“The good deeds a man has done defend him.”
“One day the AIs are going to look back on us the same way we look at fossil skeletons on the plains of Africa.”
“Impulse. Response. Fluid. Imperfect. Patterned. Chaotic.”
“What's your type of girl? You know what, don't even answer that. Let's say its black chicks. Okay, that's your thing. For the sake of argument, that's your thing, okay? Why is that your thing? Because you did a detailed analysis of all racial types and you cross-referenced that analysis with a points-based system? No! You're just attracted to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The challenge is not to act automatically. It's to find an action that is not automatic. From painting, to breathing, to talking, to fucking. To falling in love... And for the record, Ava's not pretending to like you. And her flirting isn't an algorithm to fake you out. You're the first man she's met that isn't me.”
“Isn't it strange, to create something that hates you?”
“If you've created a conscious machine, it's not the history of man. That's the history of gods.”
“Some people believe language exists from birth. And what is learned is the ability to attach words and structure to the latent ability.”
“- Caleb: Nobody programmed me to be straight.
- Nathan: You decided to be straight? Please! Of course you were programmed, by nature or nurture or both and to be honest.”
- Nathan: What if Pollock had reversed the challenge. What if instead of making art without thinking, he said, "You know what? I can't paint anything, unless I know exactly why I'm doing it." What would have happened?
- Caleb: He never would have made a single mark.
“- Caleb: You hacked the world's cell phones?
- Nathan: Yeah. And all the manufacturers knew I was doing it, too. But they couldn't accuse me without admitting they were doing it themselves.”