Oscar Isaac quotes
“- Gomez Addams: Tastes like cotton candy.
- Morticia Addams: How do you know what cotton candy tastes like?
- Gomez Addams: Tish, it was my youth. I made mistakes!”
“- Gomez Addams: Your hand is as cold as a dead fish!
- Morticia Addams: My love, that is a dead fish.”
“- Yovanna: A lot of people are gonna go after you.
- Santiago 'Pope' Garcia: So we go through 'em.”
“It’s always a little harder than you think it’s gonna be.”
“- Poe Dameron: Move your metal ass, Threepio.
- C-3PO: How dare you! We've just met.”
“- Vincent van Gogh: Paintings have to be done in one clear gesture.
- Paul Gauguin: Think about the surface that you're painting on and how the paint will sit on it. You're changing things so fast, you can't even see what you've done.
- Vincent van Gogh: Paintings have to be painted fast. The painters I like all paint fast in one clear gesture,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Because nature is what we see here in our heads. Nothing else! Without our eyes, there's no nature. And none of us sees the world around us the same way.”
“Painted reality is its own reality.”
“You can't pick your family, but you can pick your friends.”
“Of all the miseries that afflict humanity, nothing maddens me more than the lack of money.”
“Seurat confounds painting with science. He's lost himself in optical experiments. There's nothing more to expect from Renoir, Degas, Monet. They repeat themselves. They've given everything they could give.”
“In my yellow room, sunflowers with purple eyes stand out on a yellow background; they bathe their stems in a yellow pot on a yellow table. In the corner of the painting, the signature of the painter: Vincent. And the yellow sun that passes through the yellow curtain of my room floods all this illumination with gold; and in the morning upon...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It is what it is... It's Promethean man.”
“- Nathan: I understand that you want me to explain how Ava works, but I'm sorry. I'm not gonna be able to do that.
- Caleb: Try me. I'm hot on high-level abstraction.
- Nathan: It's not 'cause I think you're too dumb. It's 'cause I want to have a beer and a conversation with you, not a seminar.”
“- Nathan: Caleb, what's your type?
- Caleb: Of girl?
- Nathan: No, salad dressing!”
“Try something new. I mean something old.”
“- Apocalypse: You betrayed me!?
- Magneto: No. I betrayed them.”
“Always the same, and now all this. No more stones. No more spears. No more slings. No more swords. No more weapons! No more systems! No more! No more superpowers... So much faith in their tools, in their machines. You can fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel, but you can never strike God!”
“- Nathan: The answer is, how do you feel about her? Nothing analytical, just... how you feel.
- Caleb: I feel... that she is fucking amazing.”