Technology quotes178 technology quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Advancing technologies will be both our savior and our doom.”
“I started movies in 1980. I don't think anything's changed for the best. When it comes down to certain technologies and certain things that have afforded more people to maybe have a shot at making a movie or something like that, that's good. But you also end up with 50,000 times the amount of badmovies, because now anybody can make a badmovie.”
The Sisyphus Quantum Cooling Reactor. We call it "Sissy" for short. You see all these? They're proton lasers, and when they fire, they cool the centrifuge right here to almost below one nanokelvin. So, basically, we're trying to prove that time can be slowed down on a molecular level. It hasn't worked yet, but we did find some promising data,... (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't even know what memes are, I'm, like, an old person, so I don't really know what a meme is.”
“I don't understand technology. I don't even Tweet. I have someone in the US who does that for me; nothing personal, just work stuff.”
“If the Heart Machine is destroyed the entire machine district will end up in ruins!”
“- Ulysses Klaue: What do you actually know about Wakanda?
- Everett K. Ross: Um... Shepherds. Textiles. Cool outfits.
- Ulysses Klaue: It's all a front. Explorers searched for it for centuries. El Dorado. The Golden City. They thought they could find it in South America, but it was in Africa the whole time. A technological marvel. All because it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It is what it is... It's Promethean man.”
“That is one messed up looking dog.”
“IPhone went bye phone!”
“You don't get it Stu. You. Just. Don't. Get It. I have over 60 apps on that phone. Do you know how much time and manhours it would take to redownload those apps?”
- Jack: God, we're pathetic, aren't we? We're here. We're sitting on the most perfect beach in the world, and all we can think about is...
- Angela: "Where I can hook up my modem"?
- Jack: Yeah, exactly.
“People have a deep distrust of machines. Have you seen Terminator? Or 2? Or 3? Or 4?”
“So... I once told your predecessor that she was nothing but a combination of ones and zeroes. I was wrong. She was much more than that.”
“Somewhere between five hundred and a thousand songs. Right in your pocket. Because I can't stand looking at that ridiculous Walkman anymore. You're carrying around a brick playing a cassette tape. We're not savages.”
“Technology gets better everyday. That's fine. But most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocket knife and a smile.”
“- Benji Dunn: Where is the disc?
- Ethan Hunt: You're looking at it. I am the disc.”