Plot – The Soviet army has developed its last technology: an aircraft that provides astonishing performances as long as the pilot thinks in the Russian language. The CIA hires a Russian-speaking colonel called Gant and sends him to Russia to steal the plane. Before reaching the goal, Gant has to overcome many obstacles.
All actors – Clint Eastwood, Freddie Jones, David Huffman, Warren Clarke, Ronald Lacey, Kenneth Colley, Klaus Löwitsch, Nigel Hawthorne, Stefan Schnabel, Thomas Hill, Clive Merrison, Kai Wulffshow all
“Firefox” Quotes 14 quotes
“- General Vladimirov: Sir, we'll need to know only one thing from you. What do you wish done when the plane is sighted?
- First Secretary: Obliterate it! Completely!”
“- First Secretary: Calm yourself, Vladimirov...
- General Vladimirov: Calm... calm myself? How can I be calm in your stupidity, stupidity! Losing that aircraft to the Americans... Do you know what this man Gant is? He can land a plane on an ice floe and take off again! You must act, First Secretary!”
“- Mitchell Gant: Aren't you gonna threaten me or something?
- First Secretary: I will do so, if that is what you wish. But first I will merely ask you to return what does not belong to you.”
“Don't you Jews ever get tired of fighting City Hall?”
“- Pavel Upenskoy: You can use this?
- Mitchell Gant: I can use it.
- Pavel Upenskoy: Good. Don't, unless it's absolutely necessary.”
“- Pavel Upenskoy: Gant, can you fly that plane? Really fly it?
- Mitchell Gant: Yeah, I can fly it. I'm the best there is.”
“You must think in Russian.”
“Don't say anything. Your words would be useless, maybe even insulting. Just fly the damn plane.”
“- Pyotr Baranovich: Do you smoke?
- Mitchell Gant: No, not for years.
- Pyotr Baranovich: Learn again, now.
- Mitchell Gant: These aren't even Russian cigarettes.
- Pyotr Baranovich: Foreign cigarettes in the mouth of the person you are pretending to be will be even more convincing than anything else - even your papers.”
“- General Vladimirov: The infrared guidance system is not the most accurate. It may be necessary for a Soviet aircraft to act as a target. Will you give that order?
- First Secretary: Of course.”
“- Air Marshal Kutuzov: You had considered, First Secretary, that this could all be an elaborate bluff by the Americans to distract us from looking to the north, while this single aircraft attempts to escape to the south?
- First Secretary: No, Kutuzov, the Americans are simply paying the price for too many years of softness - paying with an act...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mitchell Gant: You want me to fly?
- Captain Buckholz: Yes, we want you to fly. We want you to fly the greatest warplane ever built.”