Pat Hingle quotes
“- Sam Brewster: You got him in the arm
- Crane Adams: I aimed for his Reb heart.
- Sam Brewster: Your performance is never up to your intentions.”
“I should have let him be punished then, along with the other filth. But he was my only son. His mother died giving birth to him. He and I are all each other have. I was afraid for him. Afraid for me. See, I was a public figure. So I did things. I fixed it.”
“- Bobo Justus: Did I buy you that dress you piece of shit?
- Lilly Dillon: Well I guess so, you're the guy I work for.”
“I've had exactly the kind of career I hoped for.”
“Looking like I do has allowed me to make a good living in all kinds of media. It's a blessing and I'm aware of it.”
“The stage is an actors' medium. ”
“- Bobo Justus: One question. Do you want to stick to that story, or do you want to keep your teeth?
- Lilly Dillon: I want to keep my teeth.”
“Once upon this same earth, beneath this same sun, long before you, before the ape and the elephant, as well; before the wolf, the bison, the whale, before the mammoth and the mastodon, in the time of the dinosaurs. Now the dinosaurs were of two kinds. Some had flat teeth, and ate the leaves of trees, and some had sharp teeth for eating meat, and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bobo Justus: You want to talk to me straight up?
- Lilly Dillon: My son.
- Bobo Justus: Your what?
- Lilly Dillon: My son was in the hospital.
- Bobo Justus: What the fuck are you doing with a son?”
“He couldn't live with it. The other vermin didn't care. But him, the guilt ate at his gut like an acid. He wanted you to come back. He would pray every night that you'd come back. Until one night he couldn't wait any longer. Took his car out and smashed it and his brains into a retaining wall.”
“Littlefoot knew for certain he was alone, and although the Great Valley was far away, the journey there was perillous. He would have to find his way, or the chain of life would be broken.”
“- Rooter: It is nobody's fault. The great circle of life has begun. But see, not all of us arrive together at the end.
- Littlefoot: What'll I do? I miss her so much.
- Rooter: And you'll always miss her. But she'll always be with you, as long as you remember the things she taught you. In a way, you'll never be apart, for you are still part of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Norma Rae: I'm gonna let this pot soak.
- Vernon Wichard: There's one soakin' from breakfast.
- Norma Rae: Then it's got company.”