“The Living Daylights” quotes(1987)
Plot – After a risky exercise in Gibraltar, James Bond is sent to Bratislava to cover the escape of General Georgi Koskov. Here Bond feels that Kara Milovy, a cellist, has been used to assassinate the deserter. The agent saves her life. Koskov is transferred to England and 007 rescues Kara using her cello's case as a bobsleigh. Hence, the agent flies to Tangier as Koskov has revealed General Leonid Pushkin has been the real creator of "Smiert Spionem" plan.
All actors – Timothy Dalton, Maryam d'Abo, Jeroen Krabbé, Joe Don Baker, John Rhys-Davies, Art Malik, Andreas Wisniewski, Thomas Wheatley, Desmond Llewelyn, Robert Brown, Geoffrey Keen, Walter Gotellshow all
“The Living Daylights” Quotes 19 quotes
“- Q: Stun gas! Effective range, about five feet. Disorientates any normal person for about 30 seconds.
- James Bond: You don't find too many normal people in this business, Q.”
“- Q: We packed the finder with a highly concentrated plastic explosive. Sufficient to remove a door of any safe. Its magnetic. The actuating signal is personalized.
- James Bond: What's my code?
- Q: Most appropriate: A wolf whistle.”
“- Kara Milovy: You were fantastic. We're free.
- James Bond: Kara, we're inside a Russian airbase in the middle of Afghanistan.”
“- General Georgi Koskov: I'm sorry, James. For you I have great affection, but we have an old saying: duty has no sweethearts.
- James Bond: We have an old saying too, Georgi. And you're full of it.”
“- Kara Milovy: What happened?
- James Bond: Salt corrosion.”
“- Brad Whitaker: How do you like my personal pantheon of great commanders?
- General Leonid Pushkin: Butchers.
- Brad Whitaker: Surgeons. They cut away society's dead flesh.”
“- Kamran Shah: It's all a mistake. I stole nothing!
- Jailer: You can tell Allah. When you see him.”
“- General Leonid Pushkin: You are professional. You do not kill without reason.
- James Bond: 2 of our men are dead. Koskov's named you. Why should I disobey my orders?
- General Leonid Pushkin: I am in the dark as much as you. It is a question of trust. Who do you believe? Koskov, or me?
- James Bond: If I trusted Koskov we wouldn't be talking....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Don't think. Just let it happen.”
As Russians say, "Heart and stomachs, good comrades made."
“I know a great restaurant in Karachi. We can just make dinner.”
Something we're making for the Americans. It's called a "Ghetto Blaster".
“Once we were like brothers! But, now he's a different man. Power has gone to his head. He's sick like Stalin! He hates our new policy of Détente.”
“- James Bond: What did you tell them?
- Kamran Shah: I tell them you not Russian. They no kill you now.
- Kara Milovy: Not now? How about later?”
“- James Bond: Lovely girl with the cello.
- Saunders: Forget the ladies for once, Bond.”