“Sudden Impact” quotes(1983)
Clint Eastwood directed this movie in 1983
Title Sudden Impact
Director Clint Eastwood
Genre Thriller, Action
Director Clint Eastwood
Genre Thriller, Action
Plot – Ten years ago Elisabeth Spencer and her younger sister have been victms of unspeakable violences by a gang of São Paulo. Elisabeth's sister was hospitalized and Elisabeth now meditates revenge: she looks for a gang member and kills him with two shots. Dirty Harry investigates, even if he feels to be more an avenger than a policeman.
All actors – Clint Eastwood, Sondra Locke, Pat Hingle, Bradford Dillman, Paul Drake, Audrie Neenan, Jack Thibeau, Michael Currie, Albert Popwell, Mark Keyloun, Kevyn Major Howard, Bette Ford, Nancy Parsons, Joe Bellan, Wendell Wellman, Mara Corday, Russ McCubbin, Robert Sutton, Nancy Fish, Carmen Argenziano, Lisa Britt, Bill Reddick, Lois De Banzie, Matthew Child, Mike Johnson, Nick Dimitri, Michael Maurer, Pat DuVal, Christian Phillips, Steven Kravitz, Dennis Royston, Melvin Thompson, Jophery C. Brown, William Upton, Lloyd Nelson, Christopher Pray, James McEachin, Maria Lynch, Ken Lee, Morgan Upton, John X. Heart, David Gonzales, Albert Martinez, David Rivers, Robert Rivers, Harry Demopoulos, Lisa London, Tom Spratley, Eileen Wiggins, John Nowak, John Bleifer, Christine Card, Michael V. Gazzo, Camryn Manheim, Dihlon McManne, Meatheadshow all
“Sudden Impact” Quotes 29 quotes
“- Harry Callahan: Every day for the past ten years Loretta, there, has been giving me a large black coffee. Today she gives me a large black coffee, only it has sugar in it, a lotta sugar. I just came back to complain. Now, you boys put those guns down.
- Crook: Say what?
- Harry Callahan: Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I should have let him be punished then, along with the other filth. But he was my only son. His mother died giving birth to him. He and I are all each other have. I was afraid for him. Afraid for me. See, I was a public figure. So I did things. I fixed it.”
“- Lt. Donnelly: Harry, these bastards are not a bunch of junkies. In their minds you killed Threlkis, same as if you pulled the trigger. They're not gonna stop, they're gonna keep comin' after you.
- Harry Callahan: Good, that way we'll know where they are.
- Lt. Donnelly: You're incredible, Callahan!”
“To me you're nothin' but dogshit, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dogshit. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground. It can dry up and blow away in the wind. Or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice and be careful where the dog shits ya!”
“- Captain Briggs: In more than 30 years of police work, this is the single, most outrageous transgression of authority I ever heard about. What the hell did you think you were doing?
- Harry Callahan: My job.”
“- Captain Briggs: I ought to bust your ass down to traffic. Or better yet, kick it off the force! You're a dinosaur, Callahan. Your ideas don't fit today.
- Harry Callahan: Just what ideas are these? That murder's a crime? That it shouldn't be punished?”
“- Captain Briggs: Think things over, Callahan. Get with it. It's a whole new ball game these days.
- Harry Callahan: Funny. I never thought of it as a game.”
“- Harry Callahan: The Doker case is mine. It was at a standstill. I was just trying to break it loose.
- Captain Briggs: Sure, with threats and intimidation!
- Harry Callahan: Any way possible!”
“He couldn't live with it. The other vermin didn't care. But him, the guilt ate at his gut like an acid. He wanted you to come back. He would pray every night that you'd come back. Until one night he couldn't wait any longer. Took his car out and smashed it and his brains into a retaining wall.”
“- Harry Callahan: Not bad.
- Horace King: Not bad, my ass! You've got to strain the remains for the fingerprints.
- Harry Callahan: Well, this is the .44 Magnum Auto-Mag and it hold a 300-grain cartridge. And, if properly used, it can remove the fingerprints.”
“- Historical Society Woman: It must give you a great amount of satisfaction to make old ugly things right again.
- Jennifer Spencer: Yes, sometimes it does.”
“Inspector, your methods are unconventional to say the least. Oh, you get results. But often your successes are more costly to this department in terms of expenses and physical destruction than most other men's failures.”
“- Jennifer Spencer: What now?
- Harry Callahan: Now, I guess I'll have to...
- Jennifer Spencer: Read me my rights? And where was all this concern for my rights when I was being beaten and mauled? And where were my sister's rights when she was being brutalized? There is a thing called justice Callahan, and is it justice that they should all just...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You prickless scum! You think you can get it up this time? You think you can make it work this time? You want me, you filthy maggot, you take me! 'Cause this time you'll have to rape my dead body!”
“- Ray Parkins: There must be something you want to ask me. You might get lucky!
- Harry Callahan: Only with humans.”
“Give me what you got, twat lips, or I'll make your face have its first period!”