Plot – Einstein has spent twenty years teaching and doing researches at Princeton. His intelligent niece Catherine is engaged to a psychologist, but Einstein personally takes the charge to find her niece a new love as he thinks Catherine's future could be unsatisfactory. The girl is determined to marry a genius like his uncle Albert who is fascinated by Ed, the guy who works in the local mechanic.
All actors – Tim Robbins, Meg Ryan, Walter Matthau, Lou Jacobi, Gene Saks, Joseph Maher, Stephen Fry, Tony Shalhoub, Frank Whaley, Charles Durning, Keene Curtis, Alice Playten, Danny Zorn, Helen Hanft, Roger Berlind, Arthur Berwick, Timothy Jerome, John McDonough, Lewis J. Stadlen, Jeff Brooks, Rex Robbins, Richard Woods, Daniel von Bargen, Jack Koenig, Sol Frieder, Michelle Naimo Bird, Theodore Conant, Scotty Bloch, Chet Carlin, Alice Drummond, Leo Leyden, Le Clanché du Rand, Brook Berlind, Jill Church, Greg Germann, Mary Ann Hannonshow all
“I.Q.” Quotes 14 quotes
“- Albert Einstein: Are you thinking what I am thinking?
- Ed Walters: Well what would be the odds of that happening?”
“- James Moreland: I mean, it's not as if he has never shown signs of normal intelligence.
- Catherine Boyd: Think of that! Nuclear fusion.
- James Moreland: I suppose these things happen. Idiot-savant, you know. A mental patient plays perfect chess. A nine year old from Alabama suddenly starts speaking in iambic pentameter...”
“Zat gravity, it's a killer.”
“- Ed Walters: You see, you have a Lucas type four generator on a 12-volt system, and you know the British. They'd rather spend time gluing wood on a dashboard than getting the electrical system right.
- James Moreland: Fascinating, but what is wrong with the car?
- Ed Walters: Well, my guess is your stroke is too short and you're getting...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Boris Podolsky: James! How's the rat business?
- James Moreland: Well, actually it's mostly students I'm experimenting on now.
- Kurt Gödel: My God, the mazes must be enormous.”
“- Ed Walters: You were a patent clerk.
- Albert Einstein: Sigmund Freud, I'm sure, was a tobacconist.”
“Don't let your brain interfere with your heart.”
“- Bob Rosetti: You're Albert Einstein!
- Albert Einstein: Yes.
- Bob Rosetti: E equals M C squared!
- Albert Einstein: I hope so.”
“If you had had a nickel for every nickel that he has, you would have a lot of nickels.”
“Look at that - red, green, black! It's like having four pens in one! What an exciting time to be alive!”
“- Catherine Boyd: He is a mechanic!
- Albert Einstein: I was a clerk in a patent office. Faraday was a carpenter. Isaac Newton was an insurance salesman.”
“I would rather be an optimist and a fool than a pessimist and right.”