Probability quotes22 probability quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Casino
“Now you're insulting my intelligence; what you think I am, a fuckin' idiot? You know goddamn well that someone had to get into those machines and set those fuckin' reels. The probability of one four-reel machine is a million and a half to one; the probability of three machines in a row; it's in the billions! It cannot happen, would not happen,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“May the odds be ever in your favor.”
- From the movie: I, Robot
“I was the logical choice. It calculated that I had a 45% chance of survival. Sarah only had an 11% chance. That was somebody's baby. 11% is more than enough. A human being would've known that.”
- From the movie: Miami Vice
- From the movie: Interstellar
“Embrace the probability of your imminent death, and know in your heart that there's nothing I can do to save you.”
- From the movie: Beerfest
- From the movie: I.Q.
“- Albert Einstein: Are you thinking what I am thinking?
- Ed Walters: Well what would be the odds of that happening?”
- From the movie: Love & Basketball
“Chances are there's still a chance.”
- From the movie: The Silence of the Lambs
“He's a monster. Pure psychopath. So rare to capture one alive. From a research point of view, Lecter is our most prized asset.”
- From the movie: Casino Royale
“- Vesper Lynd: So you're telling me its a matter of probability and chance. I was worried there wasn't chance involved.
- James Bond: Well, usually the player with the best hand wins.”
- From the movie: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
“Even an improbability drive needs coordinates which I happen to have.”
“Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50/50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that.”
- From the movie: Gone Fishin'
- From the movie: Heaven Can Wait
- From the movie: The Notebook
“It was an improbable romance. He was a country boy. She was from the city. She had the world at her feet, while he didn't have two dimes to rub together.”
- From the movie: Contact
“There are four hundred billion stars out there, just in our galaxy alone. If only one out of a million of those had planets, and just of out of a million of those had life, and just one out of a million of those had intelligent life; there would be literally millions of civilizations out there.”
- From the movie: Fight Club
“A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
“- Charlie: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
- Willy Wonka: Hm... well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?”
- From the movie: Iron Will
- From the movie: Can't Hardly Wait
- Kenny Fisher: Yo, I gotta have sex tonight! I mean peep this... they say here ninety-two percent of the honeys at UCLA are sexually active. Ninety-two of the women in Los Angeles at UCLA walking around going: "class... or sex? What shall I do?" Ninety-two percent, yo! Hey, you know what that means?
- Homeboy #2: What?
- Kenny Fisher: It means... (continue)(continue reading)