Research quotes23 research quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Brody: For nearly three thousand years man has been searching for the lost Ark. It's not something to be taken lightly. No one knows its secrets. It's like nothing you've ever gone after before.
- Indiana Jones: Oh, Marcus. What are you trying to do, scare me? You sound like my mother. We've known each other for a long time. I don't believe in...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Bernardo: Here I'm studying premature ejaculation in a hippopotamus.
- Victor Shakapopulis: How often does that problem come up with a hippo?
- Dr. Bernardo: Here I'm forcing a man to have intercourse with a large rye bread. They're getting on famously! Here I'm going to take the brain of a lesbian and put it into the body of a man who...” (continue)(continue reading)
“By the end all my father could do was ask why my mother wasn't at home, and each time I told him she was dead I had to watch him take that loss like a car wreck. 200,000 men and women develop Alzheimer's each year! What if you could end all that suffering with a single pill? Give me till Monday morning, 48 hours. I'll give you results that'll...” (continue)(continue reading)
“National Geographic is always welcome. They're the only Westerners who ever come to Pakistan without wanting to conquer something.”
“You do as much research as you can for any project.”
“Keep your personal emotions out of it. These people invest in results, not dreams.”
“To find the rat, tail the cat.”
“He's a monster. Pure psychopath. So rare to capture one alive. From a research point of view, Lecter is our most prized asset.”
“- Boris Podolsky: James! How's the rat business?
- James Moreland: Well, actually it's mostly students I'm experimenting on now.
- Kurt Gödel: My God, the mazes must be enormous.”
“- Bernie Whitlock: What are you looking for? We're all looking for something.
- Gilbert Rolfe: You're not going to believe me. I'm looking for Greta Garbo.”
Why can't they just say, "go to this place, here's the treasure, spend it wisely"?
“- Amanda Kirby: Dr. Grant, you have no idea how important it is to us that you come along. It would make all the difference.
- Dr. Grant: Mrs. Kirby, I...I...
- Paul Kirby: And of course, we'd love to make a contribution to your research here. So... I could write all kinds of numbers on this check, Dr. Grant. Tell me, what's it gonna take?”
“- Evelyn: Alexander the Great sent troops in search of it.
- Rick: Great for him.
- Evelyn: So did Caesar.
- Rick: Yeah, look what happened to his career.
- Evelyn: And Napoleon.
- Rick: Yeah, but we're smarter than him. And taller, too.
- Evelyn: Exactly. That's why we're the ones who are gonna find it.
- Rick: Because we're taller?”
“For every event, there is a cause and effect. For every crime, a motive. And for every motive, a passion. The art of research is the ability to look at the details, and see the passion.”
Do you know how many children die every year from choking on french fries? Many more than from Adrenoleukodistrophy. You see, ours is what is known as an orphan disease, too small to be noticed, too small to be funded, especially with the iron hand of "Reganomics".
“- Peerless Pauline: I've waited so long to find someone like you.
- J. Cheever Loophole: Oh, someone like me, I'm not good enough for you, eh?”
“- General Gogol: The order of Lenin, for Comrade Bond. The first ever non-Soviet citizen to receive this award.
- M: I'd thought the KGB would have celebrated if Silicon Valley had been destroyed.
- General Gogol: On the contrary, Admiral, where would Russian research be without it?”