Experiment quotes63 experiment quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Bernie Focker: Why can't you support my dreams the way I've always supported yours? When you wanted to try new sex positions for your research, I was your guinea pig!
- Roz Focker: You volunteered!
- Bernie Focker: I pulled my hamstring doing a reverse cowgirl!
- Roz Focker: That's because you did it backwards.”
“I am a lethal killing machine. It was a secret government experiment. They did stuff to me. Spooky stuff... anal stuff. It turned me into a dangerous telekinetic.”
“- Louis: What? Uh, you're gonna take a flamethrower for a rat?
- Jacques: No, obesity-breath. This is no ordinary flamethrower. See, I modified this baby myself. I just find the rat, aim, and... kazoom.”
“- Scotty: I told him that I could not only beam a grapefruit from one planet to the adjacent planet in the same system, which is easy, by the way, I could do it with a life form. So, I tested it out on Admiral Archer's prized beagle.
- James T. Kirk: Wait, I know that dog. What happened to it?
- Scotty: I'll tell you when it reappears. Ahem. I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mrs. Hudson: Oh, he's killed the dog. Again.
- Dr. Watson: [irritated] What have you done to Gladstone now?
- Sherlock Holmes: I was simply testing a new anesthetic. He doesn't mind.”
“I'm one of those fortunate people who like my job, sir. Got my first chemistry set when I was seven, blew my eyebrows off, we never saw the cat again, been into it ever since.”
“The obedienceexperiments are cited and discussed in nearly every introductory psychology textbook worldwide. My obediencefilm is screened for every incoming class at West Point. And my methods and results continue to be challenged, scorned, debunked, yet every time a new outrage is unleashed into the world, sanctioned and systematic acts of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“This planet is a game preserve. And we're the game. In case you didn't notice, we just got flushed out. They sent the dogs in, just like you if you were stalking boar or shooting quail. They split us apart and they watched. Testing us.”
“You can't make experimental work by copying past work. ”
- Dr. Walter Jenning: It was just a routine procedure, meant to measure the density of the gases that surround Alpha Centauri. However, partway through the experiment, there was a deviation, and we lost control of the laser spectroscope.
- Howard T. Duck: What do you mean, "lost control"?
- Dr. Walter Jenning: Some unknown force was redirecting... (continue)(continue reading)
I'm feeling particularly evil because today's experiment is a stinky cinematic suppository called "This Island Earth". You may all bow down before me after this stinkburger.
“Todd and I are itching to see further, to push the envelope.”
“I think you get in trouble if you make experimental big studio films.”
“- Sherlock Holmes: It's quite infamous in the region of Turkey bordering the Black Sea for its ability to induce an apparently mortal paralysis. Enough to deceive even a medical mind as tenacious and well-trained as yours. It's known locally as...
- Mary Morstan: [noticing] What's wrong with Gladstone?
- Sherlock Holmes: Mad honey disease. Oh,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- The Great Edgar: For my next experiment, I will saw the little maharaja in half.
- Charlie: I'm a victim of sawcumstances.”
“- Mr. Taggart: We've no guarantee that these theories of yours are workable.
- Thomas A. Edison: Well, most electricity is theory yet.”
“Failed treatments to date: Beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, adrenalin injections, high dose ibuprofen, steroids, Trager Mentastics, violent exercise, cafergot suppositories, caffeine, acupuncture, marijuana, Percodan, Midrine, Tenormin, Sansert, homeopathics. No results. No results...”