Communism quotes77 communism quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“[the President calls the Soviet Premier]
Hello?... Uh... Hello D- uh hello Dmitri? Listen uh uh I can't hear too well. Do you suppose you could turn the music down just a little? … Oh-ho, that's much better... yeah... huh... yes... Fine, I can hear you now, Dmitri... Clear and plain and coming through fine... I'm coming through fine, too, eh?......” (continue)(continue reading)
“I mean, where I come from, 'communism' is not a terrible word.”
“Aside from the fact that this is a free country, and you can be a communist if you want to be a communist, leaving that aside, if you're accused falsely you have a duty as well as a right to stand up and suggest they drop dead.”
“- Morris Fenderbaum: I've been called a lot of things but I had never been called a commie.
- Jamie Blake: I'm not even a democrat!”
“- Annie: Who would want to kill Mr. Warbucks?
- Grace Farrell: The Bolsheviks, dear. He's living proof that the American system really works and the Bolsheviks don't want anyone to know about that.”
“Fabietto Schisa-Why don't we buy a TV with a remote like everyone else?
Saverio Schisa-Don't talk nonsense. I'm a communist.”
“From what I hear about Communism, I don't like it because it isn't on the level.”
“I barely recognize this country anymore. The government's got us seeing Communists in our soup.”
“- Vladimir Ivanoff: You don't look like marxist.
- Veronica Cohen: I'm not. I'm a humanist. What does a marxist look like anyway?
- Vladimir Ivanoff: Usually has beard, mustache.
- Veronica Cohen: A-ha, the women too?
- Vladimir Ivanoff: In Russia, especially women.”
“- Norman: You Commies make a big deal out of sharing everything.
- Selma: Yeah. It's... it's a good thing.
- Norman: What are you doing here if Czechoslovakia's so much better than the U.S.A.?”
“- Roy: Don't tell me that you miss the USSR? I mean the USSR was a dark evil empire.
- Grinko: Maybe so. But then we were people living in the darkness, now we are people dying in the light. Which is better?”
“Even great men can be corrupted, can't they? Communism is not a political party. It is a disease. It corrupts the soul, turning men, even the gentlest of men, into vicious evil tyrants.”
“Left-wing, Colonel? Eh, maybe. But I'm not a Communist. And you guys never seem to be able to tell the difference!”
“Must be the evil commies that made me lose my dignity in trying to expose her for the commie she is!”
“Ronnie, Ronnie, you're doing the right thing! Communism has to be stopped! It's God's will that you go, and I'm proud of you.”
“- Thomas Fowler: Doesn't it bother you?
- Alden Pyle: What I saw made me disgusted, but if it keeps out the communists it's necessary.”
What do ya got here, anyways? "Rainbow Alligator Saves the Wetlands?". Uh, no. "The Organic Squirrel Gets a Bike Helmet?". I'm not reading these Communist books to you guys! Don't you got any real stories?
“- J. Parnell Thomas: Mr. Trumbo, are you now, or have you ever been a member of the communist party?
- Dalton Trumbo: Am I accused of a crime?”
“Good morning, my American friend. It will be trouble if you go this way. A good Turk always walks to the right! Left is communist! Right is good. You see, you must go the other way. The other way is good!”