Citizenship quotes27 citizenship quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'm a happy person but an angry citizen.”
“Ladies and Gentlemen, good morning. Today you will become citizens of the United States of America. No longer are you an Englishman, Italian, a Pole or whatever, neither will you be a hyphenated American. From this day you are no longer a subject of a governement, but an intergal part of the government, a free man.”
“We've had to fight long wars. Your burdens have been great. But, we come now - to the end of the road. Here, within our reach, golden centuries of peace. A true Pax Romana! Wherever you live, whatever the color of your skin, when peace is achieved, it will bring to all, all, the supreme right of Roman citizenship.”
“What is news? It's hard to quantify. Certainly news has changed completely, and the morning shows are not really designed to bring you the news, except to tell you what happened overnight, and the rest of it is a kind of magazine mentality - a little bit of this, a little bit of that. It's harder to be an educated and informed citizen.”
“Why the law has got to be the personal concern of every citizen. To uphold it for your neighbor as well as yourself. Violence against it is one mistake.”
- Kate Newman: What we need to know is, can they order an American to "disappear" without consulting the Americans first?
- Paris: No, they wouldn't dare.
- Ed Horman: How can I verify that?
- Paris: You can't.
“- Jean Rasczak: Why are only citizens allowed to vote?
- Student: It's a reward. Something the federation gives you for doing federal service.
- Jean Rasczak: No. Something given has no value. When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence. The supreme authority from which all other...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't call myself Latin, I call myself Puerto Rican.”
“This appears - mind you, I say appears - to be properly drawn. But you shan't have this man. A man isn't a piece of property. Mr. Stone is an American citizen... and an American citizen cannot be forced into the service of a foreign prince.”
“We're just a few citizens seeking justice.”
“- Michael Corben: I'm an American citizen and I know my rights.
- Derek Richardson: Corben, don't go asking for special privileges.
- Michael Corben: I wanna speak to the American embassy.
- Derek Richardson: Relax, they already know you're here.
- Michael Corben: What'd they say?
- Derek Richardson: They wished you good luck.”
“If it was really unpatriotic to question one's government, we'd still be British.”
“I find it poor logic to say that because women are good, women should vote. Men do not vote because they are good; they vote because they are male, and women should vote, not because we are angels and men are animals, but because we are human beings and citizens of this country.”
“There's no such thing as law and order in this town. Decent citizens live in fear of their lives.”
“Elvis Presley was a model citizen. I've compiled a list of his traits for you to practice. Number one... is dancing!”
“Excuse me for being a good citizen.”
“I have over 25,000 signatures on that petition. That's the population of Allenville. If your company closes the Allenville plant, those people will lose their jobs and their homes, all because your company can get a little more profit by moving the plant to some poor country where the labor is 10 cents an hour and you guys own the government.”
“I might not be the best citizen in this country, but I was raised to stand up for what I believe in, and I'm going to raise my son in the same way, and as hard as that is sometimes, I'm gonna try to live it, and if that isn't what a real American is, then we've failed!”