- Movie quotes
- My Beautiful Laundrette
“My Beautiful Laundrette” quotes
Title My Beautiful Laundrette
All actors – Daniel Day-Lewis, Richard Graham, Winston Graham, Dudley Thomas, Derrick Branche, Garry Cooper, Gordon Warnecke, Roshan Seth, Saeed Jaffrey, Shirley Anne Field, Charu Bala Chokshi, Souad Faress
“- Gang Member: Why are you working for these people? Pakis.
- Johnny: It's work, that's why.”
“- Omar: What are you going to do with me?
- Uncle Nasser: What am I going to do with you? Turn you into something damn good.”
“- Omar: He was a friend once, for years.
- Papa Hussein: There were times when he didn't deserve your admiration so much.”
“In this damn country, which we hate and love, you can get anything you want. It's all spread out and available. That's why I believe in England. Only you need to know how to squeeze the tits of the system.”
“I'm a professional businessman not a professional Pakistani. And there is no question of race in the new enterprise culture.”
“Bring Tania over here. Marry her. What's wrong with her? When I say marry her, you damn well do it. Be nice to her, pressure off my fucking head. Your penis works, doesn't it? Get going!”
“- Salim: I want to talk to Omar about business.
- Johnny: I dunno where he is.
- Salim: Is it worth waiting?
- Johnny: In my experience, it's always worth waiting for Omo.”
“Work now till you go back to college. And I'm fixing you up with a job with your uncle.”
“- Papa Hussein: This damn country has done us in. That's why I'm like this. We should be there. Home.
- Uncle Nasser: But that country's been sodomised by religion. It's beginning to interfere with the making of money. Compared with everywhere... it's a little heaven, here.”