“The Grifters” quotes(1990)
Plot – In the US three individuals live by their wits and by scamming others: Lilly Dillon - still young and beautiful - who makes bets on horses on behalf of Bobo Justus, a powerful crime boss; friendly, attractive, uninhibited Myra Langtry, who thrives on petty thefts, and finally Roy Dillon, a young man with aspirations to become a cheat and already a swindler with mixed luck. In fact, a bartender noticing Roy's game, punches him in the stomach so hard that he would not have survived if the attractive Lilly had not interfered and had him hospitalized at her own expense.
All actors – Anjelica Huston, John Cusack, Annette Bening, Jan Munroe, Robert Weems, Stephen Tobolowsky, Jimmy Noonan, Richard Holden, Henry Jones, Michael Laskin, Eddie Jones, Sandy Baronshow all
“The Grifters” Quotes 17 quotes
“- Bobo Justus: Did I buy you that dress you piece of shit?
- Lilly Dillon: Well I guess so, you're the guy I work for.”
“- Roy Dillon: I guess I owe you my life, Lilly.
- Lilly Dillon: You always did, Roy.”
“- Bobo Justus: One question. Do you want to stick to that story, or do you want to keep your teeth?
- Lilly Dillon: I want to keep my teeth.”
“- Bobo Justus: You want to talk to me straight up?
- Lilly Dillon: My son.
- Bobo Justus: Your what?
- Lilly Dillon: My son was in the hospital.
- Bobo Justus: What the fuck are you doing with a son?”
“- Lilly Dillon: I was hoping we could play it straight with one another.
- Roy Dillon: I guess not.
- Lilly Dillon: I guess you won't be getting a straight job, either.
- Roy Dillon: Not this week.
- Lilly Dillon: Not ever.”
“- Simms: Good afternoon, Mr. Dillon.
- Roy Dillon: Hi, Simms. What can I do for you?
- Simms: You have a visitor, Mr. Dillon. A very attractive young lady. She says she's your mother.”
“- Roy Dillon: You talk the lingo. What's your pitch?
- Myra Langtry: The long end, big con.
- Roy Dillon: Nobody does that single-o.”
“I gave you your life twice. I'm asking you to give me mine once.”
“I just washed my clothes and I can't do a thing with them.”
“- Roy Dillon: Do I get any say in this?
- Myra Langtry: No! Because...
- Roy Dillon: That's what I say. What I say is no. We don't do partners.
- Myra Langtry: What is it? What's goin' on? Why don't you wanna team up?
- Roy Dillon: The best reason I can think of is that you scare the hell out of me. I have seen women like you before, baby....” (continue)(continue reading)