Glenn Close quotes
“I really think that effective acting has to do literally with the movement of molecules.”
“- Vicomte de Valmont: I often wonder how you manage to invent yourself.
- Marquise de Merteuil: Well, I had no choice, did I? I'm a woman. Women are obliged to be far more skillful than men. You can ruin our reputation and our life with a few well-chosen words. So, of course, I had to invent, not only myself, but ways of escape no one has every...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Everyone needs approval, Joe.”
“- Joan Castleman: I can't take the humiliation of holding your coat and arranging your pills and picking the crumbs out of your beard and being shoved aside with all the other wives to talk about some goddamn shopping trip while you, while you say to all the, the gathering sycophants that your wife doesn't write! Your wife, who just won the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You play fair with me, I'll play fair with you.”
“Darling, red isn't your color. Give me the hat. Give me the hat, or you will become a hat.”
“- Cruella de Vil: My dalmatian puppy coat. The coat of dreams. The ultimate fur coat, that was denied me by that canine cabal, for which I have lost three years of my life! Alonso, we're going to make them pay.
- Alonzo: Yes. How much?
- Cruella de Vil: Dipstick, she called him. What fiendish justice! He escaped me, but I shall wreak my...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know, everybody dies. My parents died. Your father died. Everybody dies. I'm going to die too. So will you. The thing is, to have a life before we die. It can be a real adventure having a life.”
“- Vicomte de Valmont: I have no intention of breaking down her prejudices. I want her to believe in God and virtue and the sanctity of marriage, and still not be able to stop herself. I want the excitement of watching her betray everything that's most important to her. Surely you understand that. I thought betrayal was your favorite word.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Say something! Do something! Be a man! I already have a butler!”
“Vanity and happiness are incompatible.”
“- Margaret Drummond: I was in China when the Japanese invaded and I think that the people they despised the most were Europeans and prisoners then women.
- Adrienne Pargiter: Well that's us. All three.”
“- Teddy Barnes: Did your mother ever wash your mouth out with soap and water?
- Sam Ransom: Yeah, but it didn't do any fucking good.”
“- Vice President Kathryn Bennett: What are your intentions?
- Ivan Korshunov: What arrogance to think you could ever understand my intentions.”
“- Bishop Campbell: Do you know when World War II ended?
- Jan: We had a second one?”
“Creepy! Our landlord talks to spirits.”