“Spy Game” quotes(2001)
Plot – In 1991 the CIA veteran Nathan Muir is one day far from retirement when he learns that his former favourite student Tom "Boy Scout" Bishop is in trouble: he's detained abroad accused of espionage and will be executed in 24 hours. All CIA agents pull out of the case and Bishop's life is in the hands of Muir. He no longer has the right contacts in CIA and doesn't know how to contact Boy Scout. To know where Bishop is confined, Miur will have to use all his cunning to get rid of the same organization he has served for so many years.
All actors – Robert Redford, Brad Pitt, Catherine McCormack, Stephen Dillane, Larry Bryggman, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Matthew Marsh, Todd Boyce, Michael Paul Chan, Garrick Hagon, Andrew Grainger, Bill Buell, Colin Stinton, Ted Maynard, Tom Hodgkins, Rufus Wright, Demetri Goritsas, Quinn Collins, Sam Scudder, Yann Johnson, Pat McGrath, Shane Rimmer, David Hemmings, James Aubrey, In-Sook Chappell, Benedict Wong, Ken Leung, Adrian Pang, Ho Yi, David Cheung, Tony Xu, Mark Sung, David Tse, Logan Wong, Hon Ping Tang, Daniel Tse, Vincent Wang, Stuart Milligan, Joseph Chanet, Eddie Yeoh, Freddie Joe Farnsworth, Joerg Stadler, Zsolt Zágoni, Balázs Tardy, Pál Oberfrank, Géza Schramek, Imre Csuja, Melinda Völgyi, Károly Rékasi, Kimberly Paige, Iain Smith, Gregory Groth, Peter Linka, Omid Djalili, Amidou, Nabil Massad, Mohamed Picasso, Aziz Ait Essahmi, Moustapha Moulay, Mohamed Quatib, Farid Regragui, Dale Dye, Tim Briggs, Frank Nall, Ian Porter, Charlotte Rampling, Ian Boo Khoo, Anita Deutsch, James Embree, Philip Harvey, Tibor Kenderesi, Tong Lung, Andrea Osvárt, Wil Röttgen, Chuen Tsou, Matthew Walker, Terrance Ottis Williamsshow all
“Spy Game” Quotes 10 quotes
“Technology gets better everyday. That's fine. But most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocket knife and a smile.”
“- Nathan Muir: He was your asset, somebody you use for information.
- Tom Bishop: Ah, Jesus Christ, you just... You don't just trade these people like they're baseball cards! It's not a fucking game!
- Nathan Muir: Oh, yes it is. It's exactly what it is. And it's no kid's game either. This is a whole other game. And it's serious and it's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tom Bishop: I thought spies drank martinis.
- Nathan Muir: Scotch, never less than twelve years old.
- Tom Bishop: Is that right? Agency rules?
- Nathan Muir: My rules.”
“Troy, do you remember when we could tell the good guys from the bad guys?”
“- Tom Bishop: Happy?
- Nathan Muir: Seventy-four casualties, an apartment block leveled, one dead terrorist? Yeah, happy.
- Tom Bishop: We have some fucked up barometer for success, don't we?”
“- Tom Bishop: Nathan, we killed this man. We used him and we killed him. Okay, then you got to help me understand this one. You got... Nathan, what are we doing here? And don't give me some bullshit about the greater good.
- Nathan Muir: That's exactly what it's about. Because what we do is unfortunately very, very necessary.”
“- Tom Bishop: All right, so what else? What else do I need to know?
- Nathan Muir: Put away some money so you can die someplace warm and don't ever touch it. Not for anyone, ever.
- Tom Bishop: Okay, is that it?
- Nathan Muir: Don't ever risk your life for an asset. If it comes down to you or them... send flowers.”
“- Nathan Muir: He had this plow horse he used to work with everyday. He really loved that plow horse. One summer she came up lame. It could barely stand. The vet offered to put her down. You know what my uncle said?
- Charles Harker: No, Muir, what did he say?
- Nathan Muir: He said, why would I ask somebody else to kill a horse that belonged to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We didn't know when the Doc was going to be giving the Sheik his physical but it was our one and only opportunity to take him out. So I didn't have the usual time to butter him up. Which means we needed twice the sex with half the foreplay.”
“If you're not willing to sacrifice scum like Schmidt for those that want nothing more than their freedom, then you better take a long hard look at your chosen profession my friend. Because it doesn't get any easier.”