Will Smith quotes
“Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.”
“If it was something that I really committed myself to, I don't think there's anything that could stop me becoming President of the United States.”
- Howard: I saw you every day in her eyes, and I heard you in her voice when she laughed, and I felt you inside of me when she called me "Daddy". And you betrayed me! You broke my heart.
- Amy: No. I'm in all of it. I'm the darkness and the light, I'm the sunshine and the storm. Yes, you're right, I was there in her laugh, but I'm also here now... (continue)(continue reading)
“Nothin' happened the way it was supposed to happen.”
“Family is the only thing that matters. So I’m not letting you go on this suicide mission alone.”
- Howard: Death came first. She met me in the dog park.
- Madeline: Oh, so Death is a "her"?
- Howard: Uh, yeah. It turns out Death is an elderly white woman.
“You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it.”
“- Jay: I know you're a little scared. And I'm gonna keep it real with you, I'm a little scared too.
- Kay: I'm not scared.
- Jay: Me neither. I just thought we was bonding.”
“A rapper is about being completely true to yourself. Being an actor is about changing who you are.”
“Begin each day as if it were on purpose.”
“Who in the hell-o-but trips underwater? And by the way, on what?”
“Never drop the con. Die with the lie.”
“I was the logical choice. It calculated that I had a 45% chance of survival. Sarah only had an 11% chance. That was somebody's baby. 11% is more than enough. A human being would've known that.”
“- Kay: We do not discharge our weapons in view of the public!
- Jay: We ain't got time for this cover-up bullshit! I don't know whether or not you've forgotten, but there's an Arquillian Battle Cruiser that's about to...
- Kay: There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It is the worst kind of yellowness to be so scared of yourself that you put blindfolds on rather than deal with yourself. To face ourselves - that's the hard thing. The imagination - that's God's gift, to make the act of self-examination bearable.”
“How did he start you? Hunting birds, rabbit? I'm guessing nineteen, twenty years-old, the first time he ordered you to shoot a person.”
“When I saw him, it was like I was seeing a ghost. Like every trigger I’ve ever pulled.”