Industry quotes15 industry quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“It's just murder. All God's creatures do it. You look in the forests and you see species killing other species, our species killing all species including the forests, and we just call it industry, not murder.”
“- Paul Buher: Do you know what exactly I do for Thorn Industries?
- Damien Thorn: Not really, Sir.
- Paul Buher: You should. You should know everything about the Thorn business. After all it will be yours one day.
- Damien Thorn: And Mark's!
- Paul Buher: And Mark's. Of course.”
“- Crow T. Robot: Science and Industry!
- Tom Servo: See big men sticking screw drivers into things - turning them - and adjusting them!
- Crow T. Robot: Build your very own Atom Storage Box!
- Mike Nelson: Bringing you state-of-the-art in soft-serve technology!
- Crow T. Robot: Removes lids off bottles and jars of all sizes - and it really,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Frank: What do these things want?
- Gilbert: They're free-enterprisers. The earth is just another developing planet. Their third world.”
“It says here the retail industry does 50% of its business between December 1st and December 25th. That's half a year's business in one month's time. It seems to me, an intelligent country would legislate a second such gift giving holiday. Create, say, a Christmas 2, late May, early June, to further stimulate growth.”
“Soviet power is a myth. Great show. There are no spare parts. Nothing is working, nothing, it's nothing but painted rust. But you, you need to keep the Russian myth alive to maintain your military industrial complex. Your system depends on Russian being perceived as a mortal threat. It's not a threat. It was never a threat. It will never be a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Gentlemen, for centuries alchemists tried to make gold from base metals. Today, we make microchips from sillicon, which is common sand; but far better than gold. Now, for several years, we had a profitable partnership, you as manufacturers, while I acquired and passed on to you industrial information that made you competitive, successful. We are...” (continue)(continue reading)
“No other factory in the world mixes its chocolate by waterfall. But it's the only way if you want it just right.”
“Did you mention perhaps what line of industrial lubricants Jesus would have endorsed?”
“We simply cannot let our competition be nuttier than we are.”
“- Apocalypse, Inc. Chairman: Mr. Junko, we need someone charming, smart looking, good with people, to be the spokesman for our company and to help spread the good news of our policies.
- The Toxic Avenger: Just what are your policies?
- Apocalypse, Inc. Chairman: Our policies, Mr Junko? Giving! That's our policy! Giving to the people what they...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Mrs. Tweedy: Imagine. In less than a fortnight, every grocers' in the county will be stocked with box upon box of Mrs. Tweedy's Homemade Chicken Pies.
- Mr. Tweedy: Just "Mrs."?
- Mrs. Tweedy: Woman's touch. Makes the public feel more comfortable.
“- 2nd Interviewer: Mr. Murphy, what attracts you to the leisure industry?
- Spud: In a word: pleasure. It's like, my pleasure in other people's leisure.”