“Enemy of the State” quotes(1998)
Tony Scott directed this movie in 1998
Title Enemy of the State
Director Tony Scott
Genre Drama, Crime, Action
Director Tony Scott
Genre Drama, Crime, Action
Plot – Intelligence agencies have to hide the murder of a politician who opposed a law that allows the violation of all American citizens' privacy. A random recording could nail them and for this reason a death squad decides to intervene. A promising young black lawyer accidentally comes into possession of the dangerous documents. A man who a few years earlier had been working for the services and who had managed to disappear without a trace sides up with the lawyer.
All actors – Will Smith, Gene Hackman, Jon Voight, Lisa Bonet, Regina King, Stuart Wilson, Laura Cayouette, Loren Dean, Barry Pepper, Ian Hart, Jake Busey, Scott Caan, Jason Lee, Gabriel Byrne, James Le Gros, Dan Butler, Jack Black, Jamie Kennedy, Bodhi Elfman, Jacob Chambers, Alexandra Balahoutis, Anna Gunn, Jascha Washington, Rebeca Silva, Bobby Boriello, Carl Mergenthaler, Mattias Kraemer, Lillo Brancato, John Capodice, Vic Manni, T.R. Richards, Ivana Milicevic, Patsy Grady Abrams, Beatriz Mayoral, Kasey Lynn Quinn, Elizabeth Berman, Donna W. Scott, Allison Sie, Michael Andolini, Arthur J. Nascarella, Grant Heslov, John Cenatiempo, Joyce Flick Wendl, Frank Medrano, Dennis Sean Fahey, Albert Wong, Christopher Lawrence, John Haynes Walker, Joseph Patrick Kelly, Lennox Brown, Martin Bosworth, Nancy Yee, Troy A. Cephers, Carlos Gómez, Robert Gersicoff, Arnie Alpert, Greg Collins, Doug Roberts, Larry King, Warren Olney, Penny Griego, Eric Keung, David Han, Mandy Kriss, Noel Werking, Sam De Crispino, Wayne A. Larrivey, Rhonda Overby, Lillie Shaw Hamer, Brenna McDonough, Callison Slater, Colin Brodie, Daniel Cano, Joy Ehrlich, Eric Olson, Thomas Troy, Adam Karkowsky, Steve Uhrig, Robyn Killian, Laura E. Wood, Angelica Pamintuan, Vene L. Arcoraci, Charlie Curtis, Raichle Watt, Michael James Walker, Jackilyn Ward, Jason Welch, Joshua Ward, Pete Sutton, Tom Quinn, Robert O'Rourke, John Allendorfer, Henry Sandler, Chris Holt, , Jim Beatty, Paul M. Clary, Pamela Fischer, Nancy Gassner-Clayton, Nasi Glekas, Steve Gonzales, Seth Green, Gilley Grey, Philip Baker Hall, Eddie Hargitay, Phil Hawn, Paul Herman, James Hunter, David Lewin, Paul Majors, Brian Markinson, Alexis McCombs, Jason Robards, Tom Sizemore, Philip Stamper, Adrienne Townes, Eric Alan Wendell, Jade Wu, Steven Zlotnickshow all
“Enemy of the State” Quotes 18 quotes
“How do we draw the line - draw the line between protection of national security, obviously the government's need to obtain intelligence data, and the protection of civil liberties, particularly the sanctity of my home?”
“The government's been in bed with the entire telecommunications industry since the forties. They've infected everything. They get into your bank statements, computer files, email, listen to your phone calls... Every wire, every airwave. The more technology used, the easier it is for them to keep tabs on you. It's a brave new world out there. At...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Brill: You wanna take a poke at me?
- Robert Clayton Dean: I don't hit senior citizens.”
“- Congressman Sam Albert: [on TV] We knew that we had to monitor our enemies. We've also come to realise that we need to monitor the people who are monitoring them...
- Carla Dean: Well, who's gonna monitor the monitors of the monitors?
- Robert Clayton Dean: I wouldn't mind doing a little monitoring myself.
- Carla Dean: Yes, and you've got...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If you live another day I will be very impressed.”
“- Robert Clayton Dean: Conspiracy theorists of the world unite.
- Brill: It's more than a theory with me. I'm a former conspirer.”
“You're the only woman for me. You and Janet Jackson.”
“- Robert Clayton Dean: I was shopping for some lingerie. That's still legal, isn't it?
- David Pratt: Were you buying that for your wife?
- Robert Clayton Dean: No, I was picking something up for myself, I do a little cross dressing on the weekends. You know, you'd be surprised how a nice pair of edible panties can make a guy feel sexy.”
“The only privacy that's left is the inside of your head. Maybe that's enough.”
“In the old days, we actually had to tap a wire into your phone line. Now with calls bouncing off satellites, they snatch'em right out of the air.”
“- Robert Clayton Dean: What the hell is happening?
- Brill: I blew up the building.
- Robert Clayton Dean: Why?
- Brill: Because you made a phone call.”
“- Carla Dean: Don't you think you should be taking this a little more seriously?
- Robert Clayton Dean: Honey, I think you're taking it seriously enough for both of us, and half the block.”
“- Brill: You're blowing my whole life.
- Robert Clayton Dean: What life? You live in a fucking jar so the world can't touch you.”
“You were right, I was wrong, but this is not the time for the 'I told you so' speech.”
“- Brill: In guerrilla warfare, you try to use your weaknesses as strengths.
- Robert Clayton Dean: Such as?
- Brill: Well, if they're big and you're small, then you're mobile and they're slow. You're hidden and they're exposed. You only fight battles you know you can win. That's the way the Vietcong did it. You capture their weapons and you use...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rachel F. Banks: How do you like the trout?
- Robert Clayton Dean: It tastes like fish.
- Rachel F. Banks: It is fish.
- Robert Clayton Dean: Yeah, but it tastes like every other fish I've ever eaten.”