“The Deer Hunter” quotes(1978)
Plot – Mike, Nick and Steven work in a steel mill in Clayton, Pennsylvania, and in their spare time they like go hunting deers. War breaks out in Vietnam and they have to enlist but before the departure, Steven marries Angela. During the war, the three friends suffer a terrible imprisonment. When they manage to escape, Steven is paralyzed in a hospital, while Nick hides in Saigon chased by the Russian roulette organizers and Mike, back home, comforts Linda, Nick's girlfriend. During a hunt, he saves a deer and tries to convince Steven to rejoin his wife. Again in the chaotic and hellish Saigon, which is living a complete decline, Mike tries in vain to prevent Nick to play a last, deadly game.
All actors – Robert De Niro, John Cazale, John Savage, Christopher Walken, Meryl Streep, George Dzundza, Chuck Aspegren, Shirley Stoler, Rutanya Alda, Pierre Segui, Mady Kaplan, Amy Wright, Mary Ann Haenel, Richard Kuss, Joe Grifasi, Christopher Colombi Jr., Victoria Karnafel, Jack Scardino, Joe Strnad, Helen Tomko, Paul D'Amato, Dennis Watlington, Charlene Darrow, Jane-Colette Disko, Michael Wollet, Robert Beard, Joe Dzizmba, Stephen Kopestonsky, John F. Buchmelter III, Frank Devore, Tom Becker, Lynn Kongkham, Nongnuj Timruang, Po Pao Pee, Dale Burroughs, Parris Hicks, Samui Muang-Intata, Sapox Colisium, Vitoon Winwitoon, Somsak Sengvilai, Charan Nusvanon, Jiam Gongtongsmoot, Chai Peyawan, Mana Hansa, Sombot Jumpanoi, Phip Manee, Ding Santos, Krieng Chaiyapuk, Ot Palapoo, Chok Chai Mahasoke, Hilary Brown, Joe Cummings, James Kall, Tom Madden, Kurtwood Smith, Joel Thingvallshow all
“The Deer Hunter” Quotes 21 quotes
“It's such a grey day.”
“Angela, I heard Steven was alive. Where is he? Where's Steven? Where is he? Just tell me where he is. Angela, where is Steve? Just tell me where he is. Where is he? Where is he? Please? You've got to tell me. Now, where is he? Do you know? Where is he?”
“I feel a lot of distance, and I feel far away.”
“- Steven: Where is a guy like Nick getting money like this?
- Michael: I don't know. Cards maybe.”
“Mikie, you're so - weird. You're always such a gentleman.”
“- Nick: You trying to look like a prince?
- Michael: What do you mean, 'trying'?”
“- Michael: Hey, Nick, do you think we'll ever come back?
- Nick: From Vietnam?
- Michael: Yeah.
- Nick: You know something, the whole thing, it's right here. I love this fucking place. I know that soundscrazy. If anything happens, Mike, don't leave, don't leave me over there. You got, you've got to, hey, just don't leave me. You've got to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nick: I sound like some asshole, right?
- Michael: I tell you Nick, you're the only guy I go hunting with, you know. I like a guy with quick moves and speed. I'm not going to hunt with no assholes.”
“- Michael: You okay?
- Linda: Did you ever think life would turn out like this?
- Michael: No.”
“- Nick: I don't think about that much with one shot anymore, Mike.
- Michael: You have to think about one shot. One shot is what it's all about. A deer's gotta be taken with one shot.”
“- Michael: Nicky, do you remember the trees? Remember all the different ways of the trees? Remember that? Remember? Huh? The mountains? Do you remember all that?
- Nick: One shot?
- Michael: One shot! One shot.
- Nick: Yeah.”
“- Michael: Here's to Nick.
- Steven: To Nick.”
“When a man says no to champagne, he says no to life.”
“- Michael: I'm gonna take you home.
- Steven: Man, look, you promised me man. I don't fit! Mike, I'll - hey. I'm sorry. You do as your heart tells you.”
“- Axel: Lemme ask you a question: how come I never see you eat?
- Nick: I like to starve myself: it keeps the fear up.”
“- Michael: What kind of beer would you like?
- Linda: What? I don't know. I don't care. Any kind.
- Michael: I'll get you a Rolling Rock.
- Linda: Okay.
- Michael: It's a good beer, it's the best around.”
“Come on, Nicky, come home. Just come home. Home! Talk to me. You just talk to me. Nicky. Nicky.”
“- Stan: How does it feel to be shot?
- Michael: Doesn't hurt. That's what you wanna know.”
“I like the trees, you know? I like the way that the trees are on mountains, all the different... the way the trees are.”