“The End” quotes(1978)
Plot – The doctor was very clear: Sonny Lawson has maximum of one year left to live. However, no one seems interested in him: his divorced wife avoids him, his new girlfriend is distracted like his old parents, even the priest is not very sensitive. So after an unsuccessful suicide attempt, Sonny instructs a psychopath to kill him. He then changes his mind, but it is too late to escape the attacks of the killer.
All actors – Burt Reynolds, Dom DeLuise, Sally Field, Strother Martin, David Steinberg, Joanne Woodward, Norman Fell, Myrna Loy, Kristy McNichol, Pat O'Brien, Robby Benson, Carl Reinershow all
“The End” Quotes 12 quotes
“- Wendell Sonny Lawson: Mom, I've been having trouble getting sleep lately. Do you have any sleeping pills?
- Maureen Lawson: Sleeping pills? I don't think we have any sleeping pills do we, Ben?
- Ben Lawson: Your know darn well we have enough sleeping pills in there to put the whole Mormon Tabernacle Choir in a coma!”
“Bless me, Dave, for I have sinned.”
“You know, a lot of doctors have different theories about why I did it: Mother complex. Father complex. Feelings of inferiority. Suppressed rage. But I, and I alone, know the reason that I did it... It was because... he was so Polish!”
“- Marlon Borunki: It's very interesting the way you woke up cursing. A large percentage of attempted suicides wake up with exclamations of hostility.
- Wendell Sonny Lawson: Where am I?
- Marlon Borunki: 92% of them ask that. You're in La Playa.
- Wendell Sonny Lawson: The nut house?
- Marlon Borunki: That's a cruel label. We prefer, booby hatch.”
“- Marlon Borunki: You don't like me any more.
- Wendell Sonny Lawson: I like you, Marlon. I like you, I really do.
- Marlon Borunki: You do?
- Wendell Sonny Lawson: I do. But you've got to understand. Tell me you understand.
- Marlon Borunki: I understand. I love you, Sonny. I really do.
- Wendell Sonny Lawson: I love youto, Marlon.
- Marlon...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I want to live. I want to live.”
“Sonny, you are driving me crazy!”
“Sane people make a lot of crazy rules.”
“- Wendell Sonny Lawson: I'm talking about dying.
- Marty Lieberman: What do you mean?
- Wendell Sonny Lawson: I mean lying in the ground with dirt on your face and holding your breath forever.”
“Do you think we'll ever change to the metric system?”