George Segal quotes
“- Matt Weaver: I've killed so many men in the last four years, one more don't matter none. Tell me... you pass up your chance, why should I pass up mine?
- Jules Gaspard d'Estaing: Truce for the night.
- Matt Weaver: Oh... oh, and you believe when they say I'm crazy?
- Jules Gaspard d'Estaing: So am I. You know it's a funny thing... a man crazy...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I suspect that Helen and I are still together because of this unspoken acknowledgment that I needed this lively mental life.”
“Farming with live animals is a 7 day a week, legal form of slavery.”
“- Walter Whitney: How much did you pay for this car?
- Roger Porter: 14 dollars and a record player.
- Walter Whitney: You were robbed!”
“I'll shovel it. I'll live in it. But I won't take it.”
“- Albert: He has my eyes.
- Mollie: I know he does. You don't know how confusing it is when someone you love so much looks like someone you hate.”
“- Reverend Hayworth: God is white. It's simple logic. His son is white.
- Walter Whitney: That's not proof. I'm white. My son is black.”
“When you're shoveling manure you really find out which way the wind is blowing.”
“- Robby Ross: Come on, Nat, you don't consider a roll in the hay with your secretary adultery?
- Natasha: What do you call it, shorthand?”
“- James: Okay, if you're the father then maybe you can answer me these questions. What's Mikey's favorite cereal?
- Albert: I don't know.
- James: Cheerios. How many diapers does he go through a day? About six. Who's his favorite rock star? Michael Jackson. Don't you think a father should know some of these things?”
“- Mary Ann: Have you ever been arrested?
- Walter Whitney: That's an offensive question, Mary Ann.
- Roger Porter: Yes, little sister, I've been busted by the pigs.”
- Jack "Rudy" Rudisill: Santee was fucking your wife Esther.
- Lt. Franklin L. Severence: Many times, Rudy. Many times.
- Jack "Rudy" Rudisill: There's just something wrong with that. A friend is someone who doesn't fuck your wife.
- Lt. Franklin L. Severence: I never said Santee was a friend. I said he was like a son to me.
- Jack "Rudy"... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Walter Whitney: It's hard to hate you, Nelson. You have just enough logic to give your sickness respectability. You've sentenced whole races of people to be born losers, and as the father of one, I object. Not that he was born with two strikes on him, but that you won't give him a third pitch to swing at. Goodbye, Nelson.
- Nelson Longhurst:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Walter Whitney: I'm Jewish, my son is black and my lawyer smokes pot. Don't tell me I'm not in trouble.
- Victor Bard: Hey, it makes me feel better, and does not affect my judgment. I delivered the valedictorian speech at Harvard... completely stoned.”
- Jack "Rudy" Rudisill: This is turning into a major clusterfuck!
- Lt. Franklin L. Severence: Do you ever stop bitching?
“- Pearl Coplin: I told you to watch out for that car!
- Ed Coplin: He was in my blind-spot.
- Pearl Coplin: You could fit the whole state of Wisconsin in your blind-spot.”
“San Diego has a big carjacking problem. They bump you, and when you stop, they mutilate you and take your car.”
“I don't mind living in Watts, but do we have to live in the poor section?”
“Why is it that ones who always bring up the past are those who never lived in it?”
“Be it ever so humble, there's no place like a three-and-a-half million dollar home!”