Myrna Loy quotes
“Some perfect wife I am. I've been married four times, divorced four times, have no children, and can't boil an egg.”
“- Wendell Sonny Lawson: Mom, I've been having trouble getting sleep lately. Do you have any sleeping pills?
- Maureen Lawson: Sleeping pills? I don't think we have any sleeping pills do we, Ben?
- Ben Lawson: Your know darn well we have enough sleeping pills in there to put the whole Mormon Tabernacle Choir in a coma!”
“- Nora Charles: I'm going to lock the door, plug the bell, cut the telephone and crawl into bed for a month!
- Nick Charles: Oh, Nora, you're my favorite woman.”
“I never enjoyed my work more than when I worked with William Powell. He was a brilliant actor, a delightful companion, a great friend and above all, a true gentleman.”
“If you're bored in New York, it's your own fault.”
“- Nick Charles: How'd you like Grant's tomb?
- Nora Charles: It's lovely. I'm having a copy made for you.”
“He's a terrible ladies' man. I suppose that's forgivable, because he's surrounded by so many beautiful women.”
“- Nick Charles: Who was that?
- Nora Charles: Oh, you wouldn't know them, darling. They're respectable.”
“- Jackson 'Jack' Durant: Oh, I've been stupid, very stupid.
- Gertie Waxted: Well, of course. You're a man.”
“- Nick Charles: Did I ever tell you that you're the most fascinating woman this side of the Rockies?
- Nora Charles: Wait till you see me on the other side.”
“The one thing about a murder case is if you just let people talk long enough, sooner or later, somebody will spill the beans.”
“What would you prescribe for a patient about to die of galloping boredom?”
“I have seen a vision, the prophecy is about to be fulfilled.”
“It must be nice in jail, with you there.”
“Entertaining your gunslinger pals is bad enough, but politicians? Oh, no, that's out!”
“That's why we didn't get on. You've always wanted a woman to treat you like a god. I treated you as if you were just as bad as myself.”
“- Nora Charles: What hit me?
- Nick Charles: The last martini.”
“If you let anything happen to him, you'll never wag that tail again.”
“- Nick Charles: Madame, how long have you been leading this double life?
- Nora Charles: Just since we've been married.”