“The Pope of Greenwich Village” quotes(1984)
Plot – Charlie Moran is the unscrupulous cashier of a bar. He loses the job for the umpteenth time and blames his cousin Paulie who works there too. Paulie plans to force a safe with the help of a professional Irish watchmaker. The blow is going to succeed, then a policeman arrives. They get rid of him and grab all the loot. The watchmaker flees to Ireland with his part, while the two guys remain penniless again.
All actors – Eric Roberts, Mickey Rourke, Daryl Hannah, Geraldine Page, Kenneth McMillan, Tony Musante, M. Emmet Walsh, Burt Young, Jack Kehoe, Philip Bosco, Val Avery, Joe Grifasishow all
“The Pope of Greenwich Village” Quotes 15 quotes
“- Nora: How did you let this happen to you?
- Barney: He-he. I let my whole life happen to me.”
“Cut that out you Argentine degenerate! That's my brother's place your robbin' there. This ain't some filthy little jail in Caracas, this is A-mer-i-ca!”
“My Walter was as tough as a bar of iron, and he didn't get that from his father. Now, do you wanna fight, Officer? Or do you get the hell out of my house!”
“- Jimmy the Cheese Man: Waiting tables is what you know. Making cheese is what I know. Let's stay with what we know here.
- Paulie: You know about making cheese? Not for nothin', Jimmy, but my mother sent me over a hunk of mozzarella from your place last week, it was no big bargain. Tough, that mozzarella and it ain't the first time I've noticed...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Horses ain't like people, man, they can't make themselves better than they're born. See, with a horse, it's all in the gene. It's the fucking gene that does the running. The horse has got absolutely nothing to do with it.”
“- Paulie: Nicky don't go for spit. 'Nose' still shines his own shoes, pop. I don't call that success.
- Paulie's Father: Oh yeah? And what do you call it?
- Paulie: Knowin' how to spend it. I never ordered a Brandy in my life that wasn't Cordon Bleu... I took two-hundred from shylocks, pop, to see Sinatra at the Garden? Sat two seats away from...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Charlie: Mister. I am the Pope, this might be your church, right now I'm the Pope of Greenwich Village 'cause I got the tape, alright?
- Bed Bug Eddie: I like you have balls. I don't get too mad at that.”
“Murder rap? Nobody came within twenty feet of that yo-yo. He dived into that hole like a fucking gopher!”
“A little whisky is good for the soul.”
“- Barney: He's not gonna give you up, Charlie. You're family.
- Charlie: Family, that fuckin' kid? We're third cousins.
- Barney: Third cousins. For Italians. That's like twin brothers with the Irish.”
“- Diane: When are you going to outgrow him, Charlie?
- Charlie: Outgrow him? I dunno Diane, Maybe WASP's outgrow people. I'm Italian. We outgrow pants, not people.”
“- Charlie: You know, you ought to get a permit.
- Paulie: A permit? For what?
- Charlie: To shit in the street. You eat like a horse!”
“Nothing hurts as much as you think it will. You go numb... then you wrap your belt around your wrist and get to the nearest hospital.”