Mickey Rourke quotes
“It's hatred. It's the only thing that lasts.”
“I want you to see if this sounds familiar: any time you try a decent crime, you got fifty ways you're gonna fuck up. If you think of twenty-five of them, then you're a genius... and you ain't no genius.”
“It's better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool.”
“- Edward 'Eddie' Simmons: When you're making out, which do you prefer, Sinatra or Mathis?
- Robert 'Boogie' Sheftell: I like Presley.”
“- Ed Wallis: Wait, you're going to teach me how to fight?
- Ashby Holt: [chuckles] I ain't got that much time left.
- Ed Wallis: What then?
- Ashby Holt: If you're gonna be a pacifist and a irritating personality type, then you can at least learn how to take a punch, as you'll no doubt have to be taking many.”
“You shouldn't be scared of the world Ed Wallis. I kinda suspect the world should be scared of you.”
“I get confused sometimes. What if I've finally turned into what they've always said I would turn into?”
“There will be no more stupidity. There will be no more mistakes. It's a new day. God help you all.”
“- Ashby Holt: What is this?
- Ed Wallis: This is a pancake.
- Ashby Holt: This is a pancake?
- Ed Wallis: This is a p...
- Ashby Holt: Oh, I thought maybe you're gonna convince me it was a chicken.”
“- Robert 'Boogie' Sheftell: That's what you get for going out with 11th graders. Her brains aren't developed yet.
- Timothy Fenwick Jr.: Yeah, but her tits were. So...
- Robert 'Boogie' Sheftell: Falsies.
- Timothy Fenwick Jr.: Were they?
- Robert 'Boogie' Sheftell: First hand info.”
“- Rusty James: What do you think California's like? Like all that shit in the movies. Blondes walkin' around, The Beach Boys, palm trees, the ocean. How was the ocean?
- The Motorcycle Boy: I didn't get to the ocean.
- Rusty James: No?
- The Motorcycle Boy: California got in the way.
- Rusty James: California got in the way? I thought California...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Beth Schreiber: Boog, when we were datin', did you care for me?
- Robert 'Boogie' Sheftell: Sure I did.
- Beth Schreiber: You know, I don't mean just cause you could do stuff to me; but, but because you really cared?
- Robert 'Boogie' Sheftell: Of course, Beth! I mean, there was plenty of girls around for a quick pop - if that's what I wanted.”
“- Diane: Why don't you take me home?
- Robert 'Boogie' Sheftell: I go to law school now. I have to go home and study. The only reason I came by here, is because I appreciate the fine music.
- Diane: I thought you worked in a Beauty Parlor?
- Robert 'Boogie' Sheftell: Yeah, I do - during the day.”
“- Tim Cornell: You never trusted me before. You have to trust me now.
- Michael Bosworth: I blow her head off, Timmy.”
“Be careful of who and what you believe in. Find someone who you love fiercely and who loves you back the same way.”
“If you're going to lead people, you have to have somewhere to go.”
“That's the thing with dames, sometimes all they gotta do is let it out and a few buckets later there's no way you'd know.”
“You come from a family of thieves and butchers, and like all guilty men, you try to rewrite your history, to forget all the lives the Stark family has destroyed.”