“Tin Cup” quotes(1996)
Plot – Roy "Tin Cup" McAvoy, a former golf champion, has retired in Salome, a town in Texas, where he teaches golf. One day, pushed by his usual rival, he decides to return competing professionally to impress the beautiful psychologist Molly Griswold.
All actors – Kevin Costner, Rene Russo, Don Johnson, Cheech Marin, Linda Hart, Dennis Burkley, Rex Linn, Lou Myers, Richard Lineback, George Perez, Mickey Jones, Michael Milhoan, Gary McCord, Craig Stadler, Peter Jacobson, Jim Nantz, Ken Venturi, Ben Wright, Frank Chirkinian, Lance Barrow, Brian Hammons, Mike Ritz, Peter Kostis, Jimmy Roberts, George Michael, Kris Ancira, Sharyn McCreedy, Gregory Avellone, Kevin Wilson, Susan A. Cabral, Del Roy, Sanford Gibbons, Irina Gasanova, Bill Caplan, Sharon Costner, Bill Costner, Joe Costner, Rob Harris, Nick Kiriazis, Tom Todoroff, Frederick Lewis, Jess King, Harold G. Herthum, William Utay, Allan Malamud, Melissa Young, Steven 'Sven' Lewison, Brad Britton, Corey Pavin, Phil Mickelson, Fred Couples, Jerry Pate, Lee Janzen, Billy Mayfair, Steve Elkington, John Cook, Andrew Magee, David Ogrin, John Mahaffey, Jeff Maggert, D.A. Weibring, Blaine McCallister, Tom Purtzer, Bruce Lietzke, Tommy Armour III, Gregory Buff White, Mike Standly, Jim McLean, Howard Twitty, Amy Alcott, Gillian Doyle, Charlotte Biggs, Charles Barton Bollfrass, Kevin Bowe, James Cotner, Margaret Dane, Nikki Giavasis, William E. Johnson III, Will Klipstine, Johnny Miller, Barrett Rakestraw, Jennifer Sciole, Graham Sibley, Barry Strickland, Mark Thomason, Darren VanCleefshow all
“Tin Cup” Quotes 14 quotes
- Dr. Molly Griswold: Is this normal for him?
- Earl: Well, the words "normal" and "him" don't often collide in the same sentence.
“- Dr. Molly Griswold: There's no such thing as semi-platonic.
- Roy McAvoy: Well there ought to be.”
“- Roy McAvoy: There's only one other acceptable theory about how to hit the ball.
- Dr. Molly Griswold: Oh, boy, well, I'm afraid to ask. What is it?
- Roy McAvoy: Grip it and rip it.”
“Why do men always insist on measuring their dicks?”
- Roy McAvoy: Parred the backside with a 7-iron.
- David Simms: Why?
- Dr. Molly Griswold: Yeah, that's exactly right. That's the question, "Why?"
- Romeo Posar: Because he broke his other clubs. Snapped them in two.
“- Roy McAvoy: Look, I love Earl, okay, but... I need you.
- Romeo Posar: You don't love me?
- Roy McAvoy: Yeah, yeah, I love you too, goddammit.
- Romeo Posar: Well, as much as Earl?
- Roy McAvoy: I don't know! I mean, when I was with Earl, I was thinking of you... Yes, as much as Earl. More than Earl. More than Earl.
- Romeo Posar: Am I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sex and golf are the two things you can enjoy even if you're not good at them.”
“When a defining moment comes along, you define the moment... or the moment defines you.”
“Listen to me, you're with the wrong guy. I'm the right guy.”
“You can't ask for advice about the woman you're trying to hose from the woman you're trying to hose!”