“For Love of the Game” quotes(1999)
Plot – Billy, the young ace of the 'Detroit Tigers' baseball team, is leaving his team and he's just been left by his girlfriend as well, right before the match against the New York 'Yankees'.
All actors – Kevin Costner, Kelly Preston, John C. Reilly, Jena Malone, Brian Cox, Addie Daddio, J.K. Simmons, Vin Scully, Steve Lyons, Carmine Giovinazzo, Bill E. Rogers, Hugh Rossshow all
“For Love of the Game” Quotes 15 quotes
“And you know Steve you get the feeling that Billy Chapel isn't pitching against left handers, he isn't pitching against pinch hitters, he isn't pitching against the Yankees. He's pitching against time. He's pitching against the future, against age, and even when you think about his career, against ending. And tonight I think he might be able to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You're this perfectly beautiful thing. You can win or lose the game, all by yourself. You don't need me.”
“- Jane Aubrey: What if my face was all scraped off and I was totally disfigured and had no arms and legs and I was completely paralyzed. Would you still love me?
- Billy Chapel: No. But we could still be friends.”
“We're the best team in baseball, right now, right this minute, because of you. You're the reason. We're not gonna screw that up, we're gonna be awesome for you right now. Just throw.”
“I can always tell when I'm in New York.”
“When I opened this door I was so happy to see you that my heart leapt. It leapt in my chest.”
“- Frank Perry: Well, since you're throwing bullets, I'm not even gonna mention the fact that you're an hourlate, and I have been standing here trying to figure out who my starting pitcher would be if you didn't show up.
- Billy Chapel: Have I ever not showed? In the 19 years, have I ever not showed?
- Frank Perry: Well, that's true of everyone...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Are we not in America? Isn't Baseball America's favorite pastime?”
“You know, a lot of little bottles makes a big bottle, Chapy.”
- Billy Chapel: What about the whole deal thing?
- Jane Aubrey: What deal?
- Billy Chapel: You know “you do what you do, I do what I do”.
- Jane Aubrey: You believed that? I was lying. I was trying to be the man. And I was doing a damn good job of it until you invited me down here. You were right. I was afraid. I was afraid you were gonna break... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Billy Chapel: I don't know if I have anything left.
- Gus Sinski: You just throw whatever you got, whatever's left.”
“Sam Tuttle. I can't think of a better reason not to be a Yankee.”